View Single Post
Old 06-06-18, 10:23 AM   #21
SAS_Random
Community Member

SAS_Random's community rank display

Total Donations: £0

SAS_Random is from Boston, United States SAS_Random is Male

I think a lot of people understand the point of unauthorized kills being highly flawed. Besides, very rarely does a cop fire one round at a suspect. When lethal fire is authorized, it's to protect innocent life. Officers fire until the threat is eliminated. Never does any department teach to fire one shot, see how it goes, then follow it up with another round if necessary, repeat as needed. Some jurisdictions train their officers that, once lethal force is authorized--empty your entire handgun mag, if that's what it takes for the suspect to drop the weapon. Do what you must to survive and keep other innocent people safe.

As far as the suicide thing goes, I partially get it. When there are only two players in the server, some trolls hide in corners or less frequently traveled portions of the map and drop from the server so the remaining player can't vote the map to end and will have a hard time finding the final TOC. It's very annoying, but other than that, many times people join just after another player starts a round, so they immediately suicide to give that person a chance to play. Other players will suicide if the other player in the server dies early in the round. These are situations where voting the map would be the best choice, but it still happens and shouldn't really result in points added. Of course there are times when a rambo goes on a killing spree ending with taking their own life. That's really the only time a suicide should be a penalty. I think the point value for a suicide should be minimal...like perhaps 1 point. If they are maliciously suiciding, I'm sure they are doing much worse things that will accumulate points without needing to crack down on suiciding so harshly.