Community Lounge General chit chat and everyday conversations... come on in

Old 29-12-18, 05:26 PM   #1
Castner
Community Sponsor

Castner's community rank display

Total Donations: £75 (9/29)

Castner is from Blackpool, United Kingdom Castner is Male
Default GTFO (its a game)

So I'm not sure if any of you have seen this new coop shooter in development by 10 Chambers. It's very similar to Left 4 Dead in that it seems to be a linear monster killing experience of up to four players and you have to fight through some very eerie underground tunnels.

There a video on their homepage, take a look..
GTFO Website

I'm thinking I'll be adding this to my list of games to buy alongside Ready or Not and Satisfactory.. and Anthem... and Metro Exodus
Old 30-12-18, 04:16 PM   #2
Matt
Community Founder
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Matt's community rank display

Total Donations: £299 (2/29)

Matt is a top donator with the Gold medal

Matt is from Rugby, United Kingdom Matt is Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castner View Post
So I'm not sure if any of you have seen this new coop shooter in development by 10 Chambers. It's very similar to Left 4 Dead in that it seems to be a linear monster killing experience of up to four players and you have to fight through some very eerie underground tunnels.

There a video on their homepage, take a look..
GTFO Website

I'm thinking I'll be adding this to my list of games to buy alongside Ready or Not and Satisfactory.. and Anthem... and Metro Exodus
I like this.... video looks great. Kinda the thing I like playing after a long horrible day at work to de-stress.

Do we know what stage of development it is at right now? Any Beta's?

|SOG|Matt
Group Founder
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-19, 05:27 PM   #3
Castner
Community Sponsor

At the moment its set for release in Spring but considering their is no specific date yet, its questionable.. Maybe set for a delay? Who knows with these small teams. If it is on time than I can only imagine they'll already be in the beta phase or coming in to it? Also, they wont be releasing for pre-order.

At the moment its set for release in Spring but considering their is no specific date yet, its questionable.. Maybe set for a delay? Who knows with these small teams. If it is on time than I can only imagine they'll already be in the beta phase or coming in to it? Also, they wont be releasing for pre-order.

EDIT

I managed to find a FAQ sourced from the GTFO Discord server

Quote:
1) When will GTFO be released?
Spring 2019. That means March at the earliest. That's as specific as we can be right now.
-
2) What will GTFO cost?
GTFO will be priced below the premium price point (meaning, GTFO will cost less than $59.99.) We can't say the exact price yet, but you will get a lot of bang for your buck.
-
3) What is the minimum/recommended PC specs for GTFO?
We are confident that GTFO will be well optimized and not demand too much of your computer. In any case, GTFO is not meant to be a ultra high requirement, "benchmark test" sort of product. The development team uses computers from around 2014-2015 to play the unoptimized development version of the game and even capture trailer video footage (Intel i7 4790, GeForce GTX 970, 16 Gb RAM.)
-
4) Will GTFO have feature "X"? (E.g. SLI support, dedicated servers, character customization)
We encourage you to ask in the forum - but before that, please ask yourself: Do you know many other FPS games that have this feature and are developed by a team of less than 10 people? If the answer is no, please calibrate your expectations accordingly.
-
5) Will GTFO come to platforms other than PC? (E.g. XBOX, PS4, Switch, Linux)
GTFO will come to PC first. Any publication that claims that GTFO will come to any other platform than PC is misinformed; the development team is too small to pull off a simultaneous multi-platform release. If the PC version is successful enough, we would absolutely love to put out GTFO on other platforms as well.
-
6) Will there be a GTFO beta?
Probably, yes. If you want to be part of it, become a 10 Chambers Ambassador by signing up to our Ambassador program on our website.[www.10chambers.com]
-
7) Will you be able to play GTFO alone?
It might be technically possible to play GTFO alone - however, at this point we can't promise that it will present a fair challenge. GTFO is designed from the ground up to be played with at least one other human player - and if we were to also make it balanced/fun to play solo, it would almost be like making an entire second game. We are a small team, and we focus our efforts on making GTFO the most awesome co-op experience there is.
-
8) Will there be bots to fill out teams of less than 4 players?
No. What you will expect of teammates when playing GTFO, no bot can do. Creating sufficiently qualified bots would require a lot of work - it probably wouldn't turn out that great anyway and in the end it would only serve the ability to play the game in a way that it isn't even intended to played (alone).
-
9) What game engine is used to develop GTFO?
GTFO is made with UNITY.
-
10) Will GTFO support mods?
No, not at release - but it could possibly be added at a later date.
-
11) Will there be DLC or microtransactions in GTFO?
We are committed to not having any microtransactions in GTFO, and the continuous updates to the game will be completely free. However, we do need to put food on the table, so if the planned business model does not work out as planned, we might add some cosmetic "support the devs" type DLC. We promise though, that there will never be any P2W or shady loot box type micro transactions in GTFO.

Last edited by Castner; 02-01-19 at 05:27 PM.
Castner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-19, 08:50 PM   #4
Matt
Community Founder
Top 5 Community Sponsor

It looks like something I would definitely consider!

What makes me sad is these big commercial developers and publishers seem all to be going after the same type of game nowadays. SWAT is an example. We get everything like COD but no tactical shooters or games like left for dead.....

Maybe I am just getting too old....

|SOG|Matt
Group Founder
Old 03-01-19, 08:50 PM   #5
Matt
Community Founder
Top 5 Community Sponsor

It looks like something I would definitely consider!

What makes me sad is these big commercial developers and publishers seem all to be going after the same type of game nowadays. SWAT is an example. We get everything like COD but no tactical shooters or games like left for dead.....

Maybe I am just getting too old....

|SOG|Matt
Group Founder
Old 04-01-19, 04:04 PM   #6
Castner
Community Sponsor

Ye I understand what you're saying, I think there is a theme where certain trends are being set and followed, Battle Royale being one of the main ones too and this particular game mode does nothing for me - I find the effort of building your equipment only to lose it all at round end to be a complete drag. Still, gaming is a never ending development in itself and I'm sure things will soon turn around. For now I have added the FAQ to my original post
Old 08-01-19, 04:32 PM   #7
Orion
Community Member
Former |SOG| Member
Community Sponsor

Orion's community rank display

Total Donations: £25 (16/29)

Orion is from Maardu, Estonia Orion is Male

Was in my steam wish list for a while. hope it turns out good
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote