Go Back   Special Operations Group > Forum HQ > Knowledge Base > Server AdminBot

Notices

Server AdminBot Information, news, feedback and updates in regards to the AdminBot (Jessica)

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-18, 05:20 PM   #91
Matt
Community Founder
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Matt's community rank display

Total Donations: £299 (2/29)

Matt is a top donator with the Gold medal

Matt is from Rugby, United Kingdom Matt is Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
I think we digging too deep with adding those bot rules. Dug up so hard that people are not even joining it and honestly with that last add where score counts as only if there more than 1 player. On one side its totally understandable as it push you for coop game play and that is very good thing. On other side since there not many players playing it and even less playing on vanila PRO server. Most of times I played alone and if be in top of score board somehow motivated me now just having no joy playing. I really do hope that Ready or Not will bring not just new players but old friends also ))
Agreed but there really isn't a solution to this....

Yourself and random disagree for instance. You would rather have stats alone, he would not. Can't please all it would appear.

Players being active is kinda what it needs in swat 4 right now.....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

|SOG|Matt
Group Founder
Old 06-09-18, 03:52 PM   #92
SAS_Random
Community Member

SAS_Random's community rank display

Total Donations: £0

SAS_Random is from Boston, United States SAS_Random is Male

A minimum of 8 of the 15 penalty points I received were total and utter fucking horse shit!!!! Shot a suspect who charged and crouched behind a pallet (next animation in the sequence from years of playing is suspect will lean and kill me)...minus 2 fucking points....suspect crouches and reaches for pistol, I shoot him...he and the pistol drop...minus 2 fucking points....suspect firing at another officer through glass so I return fire through glass to save the officer....minus 2 fucking points.....I turn a corner to face a suspect with armor and a shotgun, so I drop him...minus 2 fucking points....I can go on and on and on and on when all of this happens in a very short period of time the points rack up. Plus, I play aggressively anyway. I don't let armed suspects charge me. When I drop those people, I'm accepting the penalties so I don't get shot and have to watch the round. It's a fair trade. Getting constantly fucking screwed over by the fucking AI tied to fucked up rules PISSES ME OFF!!!!!!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!

There. I'm done venting. Do whatever you want. I'm falling on my sword.
Old 06-09-18, 07:15 PM   #93
Matt
Community Founder
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS_Random View Post
A minimum of 8 of the 15 penalty points I received were total and utter fucking horse shit!!!! Shot a suspect who charged and crouched behind a pallet (next animation in the sequence from years of playing is suspect will lean and kill me)...minus 2 fucking points....suspect crouches and reaches for pistol, I shoot him...he and the pistol drop...minus 2 fucking points....suspect firing at another officer through glass so I return fire through glass to save the officer....minus 2 fucking points.....I turn a corner to face a suspect with armor and a shotgun, so I drop him...minus 2 fucking points....I can go on and on and on and on when all of this happens in a very short period of time the points rack up. Plus, I play aggressively anyway. I don't let armed suspects charge me. When I drop those people, I'm accepting the penalties so I don't get shot and have to watch the round. It's a fair trade. Getting constantly fucking screwed over by the fucking AI tied to fucked up rules PISSES ME OFF!!!!!!!!

no comment...good old Jess

|SOG|Matt
Group Founder
Old 06-09-18, 07:54 PM   #94
SAS_Random
Community Member

On the bright side, thanks to Jessica and the way the server is configured, I have a week to play other servers.
Old 06-09-18, 08:06 PM   #95
Matt
Community Founder
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Quote:
On the bright side, thanks to Jessica and the way the server is configured, I have a week to play other servers.
You don't have a ban just a force less lethal.... Don't know what you wanted me to do to be honest. The system does more good than bad.... What were you hoping with your rant?

Site members don't get banned, just forced less lethal

|SOG|Matt
Group Founder
Old 06-09-18, 11:30 PM   #96
SAS_Random
Community Member

The server message says that you will now be banned. It doesn't say you will be forced less lethal. Maybe you start by changing that. I'll wait out whatever period that forced less lethal stays in effect.

What do I want to happen...
I've said before that violating all game rules should not automatically result in personal penalties because the system is sooooo glitched.

Incapacitating an officer, neutralizing or incapacitating a civilian or unarmed suspect should be penalized, of course.

However...there should be no penalties for incapacitating of armed suspects because this is where the majority of the bullshittery takes place with respect to errors in the game.

I defend this because trouble makers that kill everything or ruin the server experience shoot everything indiscriminately. These people will still get penalized at a very high rate without abusing the community base with stupid penalties.
Old 07-09-18, 07:54 AM   #97
Orion
Community Member
Former |SOG| Member
Community Sponsor

Orion's community rank display

Total Donations: £25 (15/29)

Orion is from Maardu, Estonia Orion is Male

Quote:

Oh I sooo feel you )))

Simple advice would be to ignore those tricky situations. Glass room in medical center as example. If there are suspects, I just wait out when they first shoot and then put them down or look careful as if they start aiming at civis then I can give few pills of lead by recipe. If suspects behind column im not even hink about shooting as columns and any other objec between you and suspect before suspect starts shooting detected by game as not a threat. In that situation im using grenade and fast advancing to suspect to shout or shoot if not complied. Those simple adjustments makes game possible but Im totally agree with Randoms play style as in any other game I would act the same way
Old 07-09-18, 07:29 PM   #98
SAS_Random
Community Member

I try not to adapt my style to the game. I could let the suspect shoot the officer. Don't laugh. Players do this to not be penalized. That's your partner getting shot at. Some players let the suspects shoot the civilian and hope it's just an incapacitated not a neutralized...which would fail the mission. But hey, who cares if the mission fails as long as I don't lose points on my coop ranking. It seems like you are rewarding the wrong behaviors....because YOU are. Get woke.
Old 07-09-18, 07:48 PM   #99
Matt
Community Founder
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Quote:
I try not to adapt my style to the game. I could let the suspect shoot the officer. Don't laugh. Players do this to not be penalized. That's your partner getting shot at. Some players let the suspects shoot the civilian and hope it's just an incapacitated not a neutralized...which would fail the mission. But hey, who cares if the mission fails as long as I don't lose points on my coop ranking. It seems like you are rewarding the wrong behaviors....because YOU are. Get woke.
I really don't know how often I have to explain.... I must not be making myself heard or understood.

Our servers are aimed at the general gamer. Not the hardcore enthusiast or the lone wolf counter strike player..... We aim to please the casual gamer in between.

The penalty system has been adapted countless times to try get the right balance based on feedback. We are never going to please everyone short of allowing a free for all.

The penalty system is not in place to allow realism of special forces. It's in place built on the game rules... Whether one agrees or not... that's the game that was coded and designed to be as it is.

None of our members to date have ever been kicked from the penalty system. We simply don't play aggressively to entertain it. The most I've ever had was 8 points and some of which were bug penalties.

We will as reasonable people always listen to community feedback, however the same argument to remove or tweak our system for self inflicted penalties gets a little old.

The management of SOG have all had their view on this system and approve it's use. We feel it's firm but fair, and protects what SOG stands for. I can only ever state being banned for Coop violations means the players gameplay is not reflecting what SOG expects in our servers. One is simply playing too aggressive and ignoring warnings....

Debate or no debate.... We follow the game rules not realism.

Thread closed.

If you wish to discuss further then contact us separately thanks.

|SOG|Matt
Group Founder
Closed Thread