Go Back   Special Operations Group > Forum HQ > Knowledge Base > Server AdminBot

Notices

Server AdminBot Information, news, feedback and updates in regards to the AdminBot (Jessica)

Old 19-06-18, 08:54 PM   #21
KeeRIeS
Group Senior Member
Social Media Manager
Community Sponsor

KeeRIeS's community rank display

Total Donations: £11 (17/29)

KeeRIeS is from Wrzesnia, Poland KeeRIeS is Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
Hey, wanted to give some feedback about the ranking formula

As it is now, I find it way too punishing and biased towards non-lethal playstyle.

While the latter is of course a decision SOG has to make (reward use of non-lethal weapons), it is still almost impossible to get a decent score (>50%) even for Non-lethal players IN THE LONG TERM.
I just took the formula from post #5 Matt did.
Even if you die ONCE in 2 hours (!) of gameplay, you get maximum of 50%. Even if doing 0 penalties.
Example: 100%-((90D + 15P) / (186hrs)*100=43,5%
I find this a very ambitious aim, especially in public gameplay

Another problem i see is, there is only the mistakes of players taken into account. Like Random said, that a person played more rounds and have therefore made more ARRESTS (or legal kills) is not counted.

Sorry but i also cannot agree to the philosophy "slow gameplay = tactical gameplay". That is simply not true!
First of all the term "tactic" has no relation to time, it is an: "action or strategy carefully planned to achieve a specific end" (Oxford dictionary).
Thus, you can very well perform a tactic fast, with teamwork, stacking properly, performing mirror/scans etc. So this attitude does not comprise the whole issue appropriately.

After all, i think the system, how it is now, is not very motivating for players in general. I mean look at the leaderboard (http://www.sog-team.co.uk/report/statistics.php), a experienced and skilled player like Random, getting a 10-15% score? Keeries with 1 hour gameplay getting 56%?
Idk... again i like the idea behind an evaluation/ranking system... but this needs more tweaking

Greetings

As you noticed, my score with 1 hour spent on server is not very adequate due to short time counted in. You're right about the equation - this will be probably edited soon, as soon as there are some adequate data. I haven't have much time today to play TBH to make the statistics a little bit more adjusted. For only 1 hour you can't look at the scores as they are not precise and representative at all.

However about the 'slower-more tactical' -> what I said was mainly aiming at random public players, as it is from my 'admin experience' where usually rambos are running, more advanced players are moving much slower. This is what I wrote about and meant in that post.

Probably the equation should give a weight of 20 instead of 5 to the time spent on servers, which would allow you to have 1 death per 5 hours instead of 1 death per 20 hours
Old 19-06-18, 09:55 PM   #22
Ninwes
Community Manager
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Ninwes's community rank display

Total Donations: £225 (4/29)

Ninwes is a top donator with the Silver medal

Ninwes is from Europe Ninwes is Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
a experienced and skilled player like Random, getting a 10-15%
He does have 19 penaltys already after 5 hours so it's normal it's low.

But like i said:

Example:

Every 5 hours jess allows 1 death.

you play total 8 hours and you have 3 deaths, jess only count 2
You play 11 hours still have 3 deaths jess only counts 1
And so on.

So your profile still say 3 deaths but jesss only counts 1 in the qoutation.

No need for a reset and then you can work to it to work harder next time, if jess takes 1 penalty after 5 minutes, you can still get the 100%.
Old 19-06-18, 10:12 PM   #23
SAS_Random
Community Member

SAS_Random's community rank display

Total Donations: £0

SAS_Random is from Boston, United States SAS_Random is Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeRIeS View Post
For me, more pro would be the first one. They both die 1 time per 4 maps, but at least the first one does it more tactically, slower and uses their brain more often
Maybe the second one uses his brain twice as fast.

Also, half of my 19 penalties are from RJ blitzing through tangos after I died during a training round. Before I could tell him to stop he had shredded a line of tangos. He thought the round was essentially over because I was going to vote a restart.

Then we had to leave before the required 20 minutes that would have let some of the penalties burn off.

I had not told him yet about the penalty equation and that both of our penalties count on a single IP.

I probably played 50 or more maps today and died about every 5th map. I was playing well, in general.

Last edited by SAS_Random; 19-06-18 at 10:17 PM.
SAS_Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-18, 10:12 PM   #24
KeeRIeS
Group Senior Member
Social Media Manager
Community Sponsor

KeeRIeS's community rank display

Total Donations: £11 (17/29)

KeeRIeS is from Wrzesnia, Poland KeeRIeS is Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninwes View Post
Every 5 hours jess allows 1 death.

you play total 8 hours and you have 3 deaths, jess only count 2
You play 11 hours still have 3 deaths jess only counts 1
And so on.

So your profile still say 3 deaths but jesss only counts 1 in the qoutation.

No need for a reset and then you can work to it to work harder next time, if jess takes 1 penalty after 5 minutes, you can still get the 100%.
Does Jessica ignore the death or there is just multiplier in the equation like:

S=100% - (D+P)/(5*T)

S - Score
D - Deaths
P - Penalties
T- Time spent (in hours)

If the option with 5 * T , then it allows 1 death per 20 hours to still have 99% as Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS_Random View Post
Maybe the second one uses his brain twice as fast.
When it comes to public players, newbies in the game - usually not :P believe me

Also, I didn't mean your case, as yours is very individual as you use the same IP with RJ, so it's very diffrent than the public players

Last edited by KeeRIeS; 19-06-18 at 10:43 PM.
KeeRIeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-18, 10:24 PM   #25
Ninwes
Community Manager
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Ninwes's community rank display

Total Donations: £225 (4/29)

Ninwes is a top donator with the Silver medal

Ninwes is from Europe Ninwes is Male

Quote:

S=100% - (D+P)/(5*T)

S - Score
D - Deaths
P - Penalties
T- Time spent (in hours)

If the option with 5 * T , then it allows 1 death per 20 hours to still have 99% as Score

When it comes to public players, newbies in the game - usually not :P believe me
For now she doesnt ignore it yet as we are still feedbacking :-P
Old 19-06-18, 11:24 PM   #26
Matt
Community Founder
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Matt's community rank display

Total Donations: £299 (2/29)

Matt is a top donator with the Gold medal

Matt is from Rugby, United Kingdom Matt is Male

Quote:

S=100% - (D+P)/(5*T)

S - Score
D - Deaths
P - Penalties
T- Time spent (in hours)

Also, I didn't mean your case, as yours is very individual as you use the same IP with RJ, so it's very diffrent than the public players
That is currently in operation at the moment. Interesting and varied feedback in this thread.

I think we will never please anyone when we get this launched. I am glad the BETA is currently allowing us to try different concepts and calculations. However, I fear we may never strike the balance.

|SOG|Matt
Group Founder
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-18, 11:00 PM   #27
Matt
Community Founder
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Matt's community rank display

Total Donations: £299 (2/29)

Matt is a top donator with the Gold medal

Matt is from Rugby, United Kingdom Matt is Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
That is currently in operation at the moment. Interesting and varied feedback in this thread.

I think we will never please anyone when we get this launched. I am glad the BETA is currently allowing us to try different concepts and calculations. However, I fear we may never strike the balance.
Ok so again based on everyones feedback, we have modified it once more. This time I am confident all will be happier with the scoring system.

1) Bot still continues to deduct one point per 5 mins for any penalties you receive in the server unless you exceed 10 points.

2) Scoring system is now calculated as per the original formula, but this time per gaming session. To explain:

OLD CALCULATION - All time spent on servers / All deaths and penalties = score, and calculated from player totals every 3hrs.

NEW CALCULATION - Total time on gaming session / gaming session deaths and penalties only = score %. This is then averaged out to give you the total. This information is updated automatically without the need for a game / round.

|SOG|Matt
Group Founder
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote