Old 04-02-18, 10:26 AM   #1
Biodome
Group Inactive Member
Community Sponsor

Biodome's community rank display

Total Donations: £25 (15/29)

Biodome is from Oslo, Norway Biodome is Male
Default Last Movie You Watched

I happen to be a big fan of cinema, so I make a point of watching at least one or two films each week, anything from the very beginnings of the technology in the early 20th century, all the way to modern times, and this year's releases.

There must be more movie enthusiasts besides me on this site, or, at the very least, people who casually watch films once in a while, so I made this thread for that purpose. Basically, once you have watched a film, post the title of it here. You can also write something more about it, impressions, etc. if you like.

This will let us know each other's tastes, and also work as a source of movie recommendations.

I'll start with: Singin' in the Rain (1952)

A local cinema close to where I live had acquired the 35mm film prints, so since I hadn't seen the film before, it was a must for me The Technicolor style was amazingly colourful, and the choreography was pretty much out of this world, and the best that I have seen to date. The songs are old, and the classical Hollywood romance formula is slightly dated, so it's not for everyone, but I am used to those things, and loved every single frame of it
Biodome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-18, 12:03 PM   #2
DefCon5
Community Member
Former |SOG| Member

DefCon5's community rank display

Total Donations: £0

DefCon5 is from Hamburg, Germany DefCon5 is Male

I know its a bit outdated, the last movie i watched is "Deadpool" it was the very first Marvel movie i really liked and im looking forward to "Deadpool 2" wich will be released on June 2018.
I just love dem Ninjaz

DC
DefCon5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-18, 10:36 PM   #3
Biodome
Group Inactive Member
Community Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefCon5 View Post
I know its a bit outdated, the last movie i watched is "Deadpool" it was the very first Marvel movie i really liked and im looking forward to "Deadpool 2" wich will be released on June 2018.
I just love dem Ninjaz

DC
Who doesn't love Ninjas? And Deadpool is definitely not outdated - I have heard from many friends, whose opinions I trust, that it's a good film. Personally, however, I haven't watched much of Marvel yet, so it's a hole I have to fix sooner or later

Anyway, I wanted to add another film here, as I just came back from a screening of The Mirror (1975) by Andrej Tarkovskij. It's the second film of his that I've seen (the first being Andrej Rubljov, but I can already tell that I am falling in love with this director. The film seems very loosely structured, but the way he uses imagery, sound, and symbolism makes it all feel deeply human.

I am currently reading those poems from the film with the help of my very basic knowledge of the language, and a Russian dictionary, to try and really understand all of it. I had a feeling that the English subtitles didn't do them enough justice - in any tongue there exist certain words and phrases whose nuances and strength one cannot simply translate to another language. It's always been an issue with foreign works.
Old 05-02-18, 12:13 AM   #4
Pendy
Community Member
Former |SOG| Member
Community Sponsor

Pendy's community rank display

Total Donations: £5 (27/29)

Pendy is from United Kingdom Pendy is Male

I think the last movie i watched was "Pixels" it wasnt that bad.
I do recommend the movie "Prisoners" it's got Hugh Jackman in but it is from 2013. It's a Crime film/Thriller, i really enjoyed that.
Pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-18, 12:59 AM   #5
KeeRIeS
Group Senior Member
Social Media Manager
Community Sponsor

KeeRIeS's community rank display

Total Donations: £11 (17/29)

KeeRIeS is from Wrzesnia, Poland KeeRIeS is Male

"Cicha noc" ("Silent Night") (2017). It's a polish movie showing life of a polish family leading rural life, where one of the two sons in family go abroad to work and live there. One day he comes back for Christmas Eve and then a problem between those two brothers seems to appear... I think it's worth seeing
KeeRIeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-18, 09:44 AM   #6
Biodome
Group Inactive Member
Community Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendy View Post
I do recommend the movie "Prisoners" it's got Hugh Jackman in but it is from 2013. It's a Crime film/Thriller, i really enjoyed that.
I've seen that one, it's a great thriller! That's the film that convinced me to watch more of Denis Villeneuve - that director has got a really effective style of building tension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeRIeS View Post
"Cicha noc" ("Silent Night") (2017). It's a polish movie showing life of a polish family leading rural life, where one of the two sons in family go abroad to work and live there. One day he comes back for Christmas Eve and then a problem between those two brothers seems to appear... I think it's worth seeing
I wonder how I could get my hands on that film. It doesn't seem to have been released anywhere outside of Poland, and I can't find any digital versions of it online.
Old 05-02-18, 09:51 AM   #7
Michael
Community Sponsor

Michael's community rank display

Total Donations: £87 (8/29)

Michael is a top donator with the Bronze medal

Michael is from United States Michael is Male

In theater, I last watched, The Last Jedi. It wasn't what I was expecting and was a let down for me personally, but I hope with JJ Abrams back in the director chair for the 9th main film, the last official one will be better.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-18, 10:04 AM   #8
Biodome
Group Inactive Member
Community Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
In theater, I last watched, The Last Jedi. It wasn't what I was expecting and was a let down for me personally, but I hope with JJ Abrams back in the director chair for the 9th main film, the last official one will be better.
The thread isn't limited to theaters - any medium is fine!

As an unconditional Star Wars fan, I found the last film enjoyable, but my inner critic did see many issues with it. I thought it was about average as films go (which is not enough for a Star Wars film), and it seemed worse than the Original trilogy. I loved the soundtrack though - got the CD immediately I also put a lot of hope in JJ Abrams now.
Old 05-02-18, 11:02 AM   #9
Bravo
Group Senior Member
Community Sponsor

Bravo's community rank display

Total Donations: £45 (12/29)

Bravo is from Gliwice, Poland Bravo is Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biodome View Post
I happen to be a big fan of cinema, so I make a point of watching at least one or two films each week, anything from the very beginnings of the technology in the early 20th century, all the way to modern times, and this year's releases.

There must be more movie enthusiasts besides me on this site, or, at the very least, people who casually watch films once in a while, so I made this thread for that purpose. Basically, once you have watched a film, post the title of it here. You can also write something more about it, impressions, etc. if you like.

This will let us know each other's tastes, and also work as a source of movie recommendations.

I'll start with: Singin' in the Rain (1952)

A local cinema close to where I live had acquired the 35mm film prints, so since I hadn't seen the film before, it was a must for me The Technicolor style was amazingly colourful, and the choreography was pretty much out of this world, and the best that I have seen to date. The songs are old, and the classical Hollywood romance formula is slightly dated, so it's not for everyone, but I am used to those things, and loved every single frame of it
Well someone he or she who's can say they known me, will never say I am some kind of cinemamaniac ! However it's not depends I hate movies. No nothing at all. The last movie I saw was Star Wars 8. For some kind of sci fanatic like me, it was a Heaven ! Sooner I also watched anykind of Marvells family like for example Avengers or Captain America. I think this kind o movies I like very much. In some way I haven't plan to see very good cinema movie ! Right now I'm concentrate on the episodes like for example Star Trek Discovery or Vikings !

Last edited by Bravo; 16-05-18 at 01:25 PM.
Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-18, 11:10 AM   #10
Recon
Community Member
Former |SOG| Member

Recon's community rank display

Total Donations: £0

Recon is from Russian Federation Recon is Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biodome View Post
Anyway, I wanted to add another film here, as I just came back from a screening of The Mirror (1975) by Andrej Tarkovskij. It's the second film of his that I've seen (the first being Andrej Rubljov, but I can already tell that I am falling in love with this director. The film seems very loosely structured, but the way he uses imagery, sound, and symbolism makes it all feel deeply human. [/COLOR]

I'd recommend Stalker (1979) by Andrej Tarkovskij based on the story "Picnic on the Roadside" by the Strugatsky brothers. Very deep movie, made big impression on me.

From the last movies in watch was Bright (2017) with Will Smith (not in the movie theater already)... was disappointed by movie, had great opinion about Will Smith, surprised he took a part in move like that. But mb i just didn't understood the movie fully ^^
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote