Go Back   Special Operations Group > Forum HQ > Knowledge Base > Server AdminBot

Notices

Server AdminBot Information, news, feedback and updates in regards to the AdminBot (Jessica)

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-18, 10:23 AM   #21
SAS_Random
Community Member

SAS_Random's community rank display

Total Donations: £0

SAS_Random is from Boston, United States SAS_Random is Male

I think a lot of people understand the point of unauthorized kills being highly flawed. Besides, very rarely does a cop fire one round at a suspect. When lethal fire is authorized, it's to protect innocent life. Officers fire until the threat is eliminated. Never does any department teach to fire one shot, see how it goes, then follow it up with another round if necessary, repeat as needed. Some jurisdictions train their officers that, once lethal force is authorized--empty your entire handgun mag, if that's what it takes for the suspect to drop the weapon. Do what you must to survive and keep other innocent people safe.

As far as the suicide thing goes, I partially get it. When there are only two players in the server, some trolls hide in corners or less frequently traveled portions of the map and drop from the server so the remaining player can't vote the map to end and will have a hard time finding the final TOC. It's very annoying, but other than that, many times people join just after another player starts a round, so they immediately suicide to give that person a chance to play. Other players will suicide if the other player in the server dies early in the round. These are situations where voting the map would be the best choice, but it still happens and shouldn't really result in points added. Of course there are times when a rambo goes on a killing spree ending with taking their own life. That's really the only time a suicide should be a penalty. I think the point value for a suicide should be minimal...like perhaps 1 point. If they are maliciously suiciding, I'm sure they are doing much worse things that will accumulate points without needing to crack down on suiciding so harshly.
Old 06-06-18, 10:45 AM   #22
Matt
Community Founder
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Matt's community rank display

Total Donations: £299 (2/29)

Matt is a top donator with the Gold medal

Matt is from Rugby, United Kingdom Matt is Male

We will look at all options in this BETA, but we will not be reducing the points for suicide. The managers have decided this scoring is fair and appropriate. For the most players who wish to play correctly, this suicide penalty is simply not discussed or an issue.

In regards to the shooting unauthorised, this is something we will continue to penalise, however the parameters are open for discussion.

We will ensure the community gets a final vote.

|SOG|Matt
Group Founder
Old 09-06-18, 12:20 AM   #23
Matt
Community Founder
Top 5 Community Sponsor

BETA REVISION 3

From the community feedback, we have made another change to this system.

The reasoning is to further prevent trolls / rambos but ensure fair treatment for our serious gamers

- All instances of the violations (unauthorised kills, suicides, teamkills & killing hostages), are now recorded with penalties. There are no caps or limits per round.
- The Bot now automatically deducts 4 points every ten minutes of gameplay unless you have 0 penalty points already.
- No deductions are made if you leave the server. Points you left the server on, stand.

Example:

Player joins server and immediately kills 4 suspects unauthorised within the first ten minutes.
2 x 4 = 8 penalty points awarded
Player continues to play in the server for ten minutes without further violations. Therefore bot deducts 4 points off the players penalties.
8 - 4 = 4 penalty points remaining

Please feedback your thoughts from the server.

|SOG|Matt
Group Founder
Old 09-06-18, 01:02 AM   #24
SAS_Random
Community Member

If I understand it correctly, I like it.
A player quickly gets 4 ua kills, accumulates 8 points and leaves the server. Before the update, he would return with 0 points, now those 8 points are still attached to him when he returns. The longer I play my points are partially restored by -4 every 10 minutes, so long sessions don't result in a kick middle of a round.

May I suggest something to reduce the amounts of messages (text clutter) during the round? Only display messages for violations. Do not display for legal incapacitations, legal neutralization or arrests.

Last edited by Ninwes; 09-06-18 at 02:10 PM.
Old 09-06-18, 10:56 AM   #25
Matt
Community Founder
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS_Random View Post
May I suggest something to reduce the amounts of messages (text clutter) during the round? Only display messages for violations. Do not display for legal incapacitations, legal neutralization or arrests.
This can be done but is useful for admins to see this information. Furthermore I'm currently enhancing our stats to display how many track how many suspects have been incapacitated by the player. This will then build into the experience scoring.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

|SOG|Matt
Group Founder
Old 09-06-18, 05:51 PM   #26
SAS_Random
Community Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
This can be done but is useful for admins to see this information. Furthermore I'm currently enhancing our stats to display how many track how many suspects have been incapacitated by the player. This will then build into the experience scoring.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
There must be a way to change that text so only the admins see the legal stuff. Keep the illegal stuff visible to all so players can vote kick and report and screenshot evidence. I mean I know I just arrested that suspect because I was there when it happened ;-)

There is so much text with the chat and the arresting that the screen is always full of text. It would give more time to get an evidence screen shot with more real evidence per screen grab because all the meaningless stuff would be gone.
Old 09-06-18, 07:54 PM   #27
RyanCooper
Community Member

RyanCooper's community rank display

RyanCooper is from Montreal, Canada RyanCooper is Male

Beta revision 3, the idea is great, the problem is that if I'm playing by myself. Within the first round I end up getting 8/10 for unauthorized stuff that is not in my control. The next round I have to play LL if I don't want to get kicked...
Old 09-06-18, 08:11 PM   #28
Matt
Community Founder
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCooper View Post
Beta revision 3, the idea is great, the problem is that if I'm playing by myself. Within the first round I end up getting 8/10 for unauthorized stuff that is not in my control. The next round I have to play LL if I don't want to get kicked...
But as I said in server... for every ten minutes played, the penalty points are deducted by 4... this allows for these situations.

Problem is, it is a very fine line between a rambo / troll and players making mistakes

|SOG|Matt
Group Founder
Old 10-06-18, 10:52 AM   #29
RyanCooper
Community Member

RyanCooper's community rank display

RyanCooper is from Montreal, Canada RyanCooper is Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
But as I said in server... for every ten minutes played, the penalty points are deducted by 4... this allows for these situations.

Problem is, it is a very fine line between a rambo / troll and players making mistakes
Yes, I posted this before you came in the server :P

But I agree, a very fine line, especially when playing alone since you're the only one making mistakes!
Old 11-06-18, 06:44 PM   #30
Orion
Community Member
Former |SOG| Member
Community Sponsor

Orion's community rank display

Total Donations: £25 (15/29)

Orion is from Maardu, Estonia Orion is Male

Just had solo games and all went good until 2 players joined. Cant say that they were shooting everithign that moves but that was close to it and every round we had horrible penalties. Bot warned them both about reaching the maximum amount of penalties. After 10 minutes it decreases. Funny thing that they ddint even noticed that as kept shooting most of the time getting injured or dying meanwhile.
Imho need to do somethign with that hehe. Maybe increase penalty points or decrease max penality amount or increases time when they burn out. They still will play with LTL tho after reaching the 'top'. Just some thoughts
Closed Thread