Old 15-03-18, 06:10 AM   #1
Selena
Community Member

Selena's community rank display

Total Donations: £0

Selena is from Norway Selena is Female
Default Ready Or Not

Hello everyone.

Ready Or Not will be the spiritual successor to the SWAT game series. You will see a lot of the same gear found in SWAT and from the looks of things more dangerous and adaptive AI adversaries.

Youtube Video

I was worried that their developer blogs had hit a stand still as the last one was 4th of July 2017, but now in March their third Dev blog is out, and I'm glad to see they are moving forwards with the project.

RoN Reddit

RoN / Void Interactive YouTube

Instagram

Thanks for reading, and I hope you guys have some thoughts about this one as well. Let's discuss!

Last edited by Ninwes; 25-05-21 at 09:33 AM.
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-18, 08:02 AM   #2
Matt
Community Founder
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Matt's community rank display

Total Donations: £299 (2/29)

Matt is a top donator with the Gold medal

Matt is from Rugby, United Kingdom Matt is Male

Looks good but I really hope they don't rush this project like the takedown red sabre game that was a massive disappointment.

I'm keeping open minded and the only time I'll get wildly excited would be when the official swat 5 is announced, if ever

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

|SOG|Matt
Group Founder
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-18, 08:09 AM   #3
Ninwes
Community Manager
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Ninwes's community rank display

Total Donations: £225 (4/29)

Ninwes is a top donator with the Silver medal

Ninwes is from Europe Ninwes is Male

Well it looks promising, but takedown looked promising too and that was a let down.

We will see if it actually comes out

But at the moment they don't have the hardware specs yet, will wait for that.
Ninwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-18, 08:20 AM   #4
Columbo
Community Member
Community Sponsor

Columbo's community rank display

Total Donations: £5 (28/29)

Columbo is from Berlin, Germany Columbo is Male

The devs have a great vision. This project is clearly inspired by the swat series and i hope the game is able to revive tactical shooters.

But i'm rather sceptical, until we see some actual gameplay material - the game is far from Release.

So many developers promised to "reinvent" the tactical shooter scene, but none of them couldn't deliver so far.
Just remember the kickstarter failure "Takedown: Red Sabre". But also games like "C.T.U.", "Epsilon" or "Ground Branch" simply couldn't hold up to the promises been made.

That the development takes some more time is okay for me, as long as the final product is properly polished.

Last edited by Columbo; 15-03-18 at 08:22 AM.
Columbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-18, 07:55 AM   #5
DefCon5
Community Member
Former |SOG| Member

DefCon5's community rank display

DefCon5 is from Hamburg, Germany DefCon5 is Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
The devs have a great vision. This project is clearly inspired by the swat series and i hope the game is able to revive tactical shooters.

But i'm rather sceptical, until we see some actual gameplay material - the game is far from Release.

So many developers promised to "reinvent" the tactical shooter scene, but none of them couldn't deliver so far.
Just remember the kickstarter failure "Takedown: Red Sabre". But also games like "C.T.U.", "Epsilon" or "Ground Branch" simply couldn't hold up to the promises been made.

That the development takes some more time is okay for me, as long as the final product is properly polished.
Hey Columbo, it is not fair to call "Ground Branch" with the other crappy games u mentioned. GB is still in Alpha, it has a very low tempo on development and it is far outstanding. GB is damn challenging, and it does allso include already a lot more "Depth" then CTU or TDRS. We still have to wait for updates on the game & development. The concept is very unique and alot of "serious" gamers took notice on the game in a very positive way with good feedback.

Greetings,
DC

So, yes.. we may get our beloved SWAT series revived by some random dudes wich finally took the effort to make it. Since 2k, sierra & activision wont be a answer to this we have to keep our fingers crossed. I dont believe that Activision will come around the corner with a SWAT 5 - if so its will just be a copy of Rainbow Six *cough* Siege.. The industry does sleep well on their money bags and forgot that todays gamers are very smart .. they dont want to eat the crap anymore of the big global players. So we have a situation where "Tacticool" games gets made of groups without a financial background, cuz they love what they do and they know we will throw our money at them. I made alot of prayers for a SWAT Series Sequel, i even opened a church back in the days on X fire for players wanting to do a prayer ^^ So the answer came about 7 years later but its still a good timing. All i want is a SWAT like game with new gfx, new toolz and new stuff in it and RoN seems to be legit to fullfill that. On the last devbolg ive seen that the game will bring more on the way i ever dreamed of. Looking forwardz to the Pre Order on steam!!!

Best regards,
DC

Last edited by Ninwes; 16-03-18 at 10:30 AM.
DefCon5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-18, 10:44 AM   #6
Selena
Community Member

Selena's community rank display

Selena is from Norway Selena is Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefCon5 View Post
All I want is a SWAT like game with new gfx, new tools and new stuff in it and RoN seems to be legit to fulfill that. On the last devblog I've seen that the game will bring more on the way I ever dreamed of. Looking forwardz to the Pre Order on steam!!!

Best regards,
DC

Good on you, DC. I'm in the same boat. I will most likely be playing RoN. I don't think it will be like Red Sabre at all, I own it but never played it as it was a gift. You can tell the efforts that are made to elevate the experience.
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-18, 03:45 PM   #7
Orion
Community Member
Former |SOG| Member
Community Sponsor

Orion's community rank display

Total Donations: £25 (15/29)

Orion is from Maardu, Estonia Orion is Male

Nah I would go for early access. First of all youll see how it goes and what shape it get. Also can work it out with devs by feedback. Look at Escape from Tarkov- great game and in early access, where they adding new features and making the shape of future game. Its heavily depends on devs of course. But I would go for players fan base feedback.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-18, 11:14 PM   #8
Black
Community VIP
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Black's community rank display

Total Donations: £125 (5/29)

Black is a top donator with the Silver medal

Black is from Enschede, Netherlands Black is Male

I'm not yet convinced they will be able to pull it off, but their work so far certainly shows some promise. The lack of communication makes it harder to judge at this stage, but either way I'll certainly keep an eye on this.
Old 18-03-18, 02:08 AM   #9
O'Neill
Community Member

O'Neill's community rank display

O'Neill is from New York, United States O'Neill is Male

Ah, it brings back memories of SWAT 4. The trailer looks awesome. I hope to see final release. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 18-03-18, 02:58 AM   #10
TimC
Community Manager
Top 5 Community Sponsor

TimC's community rank display

Total Donations: £260 (3/29)

TimC is a top donator with the Silver medal

TimC is from St Louis, United States TimC is Male

As I posted in another thread I hope this game does get released and is as good as the trailer shows. I prefer these type of games over others.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see if this is really going to be more than just an idea and actually a game that we can play. I think what Orion mention, about it being open beta type game, would be a good idea. Just need to have a way for users to give feedback in order to make that happen.

When I was on the site a week or two ago it was a bit of a let down because it did not appear to have any updates or time stamps showing when the last updates were. So it is not easy to track their progress on it.
TimC is offline   Reply With Quote