Group Senior Member
Social Media Manager
Community Sponsor

KeeRIeS's community rank display

Total Donations: £11 (17/29)

KeeRIeS is from Wrzesnia, Poland KeeRIeS is Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoleise View Post
I would happily fix this, if I thought it was broken. Going from the wording in Matts original thread, I would assume that the type of poll is not accidental.

I understand your reservations in regards to the vote potentially being wasted if an unreleased game doesn't fulfill expectations. I would say that the flaw here, if any, may be introducing an unreleased game into the poll, since obviously none of us will have had any experience with the game and it's suitability to SOG.

I would suggest that unreleased titles are removed from the vote, and that when future titles are released (whether known to us at the moment or not), we discuss it then as we would any other title.

Alternatively, we should hold off the poll untill such a time where all the options are readily available.

For example, I personally think some aspects of Police 10-13 could be very appealing to us, but I am not even convinced the game will actually see release, and even if so, I don't know what quality to expect in such a massive undertaking. For that reason, I haven't recommended it, but rather plan to follow it's progress and if it's relevant, bring it up then.

It's not only about unreleased titles. To choose one game that is suitable for most of the members here, they all should be able to choose as many options they agree with as possible.

Explanation: If you have game A and would love it to be supported and you are also able (not so happily, but you can still play it) to play game B you simply choose option A and B, so if someone else has game A and is also able to play game C... The most voted would be then the game A and you can clearly see it.

What I want to say is that we should not only look for #1 choices of members but also #2 or #3 choice is important, when we want to choose the most suitable one, the one that possibly most of members are able and would like to play.

I would choose Emergency 4 and Ready or Not and it's really no way for me to decide which one should be #1 choice for me, if another person is thinking about Ready Or Not and Arma 3 -> Ready Or Not would win as it's two people's choice...

Hope I explained why multiple choice should be enabled here... And it's completly not about "disrespecting the question", just about choosing one game that most of us play or want to play

Cheers!
KeeRIeS is offline   Reply With Quote