Thread: [General] Lethal or Less-Lethal?
View Single Post
Old 13-03-18, 10:37 PM   #9
Orion
Community Member
Former |SOG| Member
Community Sponsor

Orion's community rank display

Total Donations: £25 (15/29)

Orion is from Maardu, Estonia Orion is Male

Thanks Matt for putting that in different thread as it is really interesting one

Have to point out. Are you playing alone or with someone. That is really important. By playing alone you setting your self a target. By playing it LTL with 100 points. Playing it lethal and take no penalties etc etc. No doubt playing alone is sometimes harder if you set your self specific rules for round ( As i tried to have most negative points possible in game, that took me more than 4 hours ) But again sometimes you making game more challenging without good reason for that. What you gonna benefit form that? Better handling with beangbags? better react on suspect actions. Theres a lot you can achieve. And here comes the problem that I can see. People are trying to make game more complicated then it should be by playing in team as they used to play alone.
With team you have great advantage in everything: Fire power, lot of equipment, many sectors. You can clear rooms as fast as never before. Over all you need to think less about other stuff as each member got own roles.

And now you working in team. You have to decide how you want to do it. With lethal or Less Than Lethal. Problem number One- when weapons are mixed in team. You might have penalties for shooting down suspect as in self defence, casue before someone shot him as well with beanbag. What does it say? You have problems in team as there is no trust. Its very hard to have in public servers. Organization of what you guys want to do is priority and must be set at the beginning of the round. Otherwise you losing time on eveything, people start rushing, people do all kind of crazy stuff when they are in stress.

Just if for example we were in same marine bootcamp. We would never argue about that. Everyone would cover all aspects of tactic, gun handling, survivability etc etc on same level. There would be minor differences but we could work together anyways as the base is the same for each. But this is real life and game is much easier. Lats be honest not everyone cares about others and teamplay. Theres defenetly people who trying to play in team but their understanding of that is different or limited by some reasons

What I want to say is that its hard in any way. Difficulty is not in the guns but in players themselves. How you organize and execute.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote