View Single Post
Old 08-02-18, 06:55 PM   #1
Selena
Community Member

Selena's community rank display

Total Donations: £0

Selena is from Norway Selena is Female
Default Scum

Hello everyone. I've been looking to get into a new game, and this one SCUM game came into view and caught my interest.

SCUM will be released as early access on Steam sometime this year.

Players take the role of the convict who is about to be dropped onto the island to fight for his/her life by participating as a new-age gladiator in the cruel horror reality show called SCUM. Surrounded by a hostile environment, even more hostile online players and hordes of AI “puppets”controlled by the TV network, players will have to find a way to get away from the island and join the rebellion forces. To earn your freedom, players will have to make alliances with other convicts, explore the island and exploit its resources, uncover hidden secrets and survive.

SCUM is a next generation story-driven survival game with single player, multiplayer and co-op survival modes.

There are a few developer blogs and I like their attention to detail and their wish to avoid cheaters.

I did like the talk about rendering. If the character can't see an opponent in first person, the opponent will not be rendered (no matter how much they turn their graphics down to try to cheat), and how wet clothing will soak other layers of clothing. The character customization looks great too, though I am really keen on the female model that will come later on.

The closest game to compare it with is DayZ apparently. We will see what the SCUM game turns out to be. A boring mess or engaging survival.

Your guys thoughts?
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote