Old 28-12-20, 12:16 PM   #7
SAS_Random
Community Member

SAS_Random's community rank display

Total Donations: £0

SAS_Random is from Boston, United States SAS_Random is Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS_Random View Post
...For 3 man teams, the 3rd man must cover the rear. In this situation, if the door is closed, I would recommend the coverman set up on the other side of the door to cover that direction, while the pointman opens and scans....

...(I do wish that Ready or Not allows scavenging for gear. There should be no reason not to be able to grab flashbangs from a downed officer.)
Another option to this, for opened or closed doors is the wingman tactic, you may or may not be familiar with. It's currently popular with SWAT teams. It's an updated tactic that can replace slicing the pie on corners or doorways. It's essentially a two man scan. The cover man gets close to the pointman's outside shoulder, being careful not to extend his muzzle beyond the pointman's shoulder. He does not want to give suspects in the room the pointman is scanning any visual cues like a muzzle flag. The wingman/coverman proceeds up the hall as the pointman scans. They move as one. This ensures the team is covered to the forward without having to risk shooting the pointman. The pointman must be sure to not take such a deep path/arc that would cut off the wingman's ability to move forward with him.

The second part of the quote I find hilarious because we were talking about Ready or Not that has been in production for years and is still only in Alpha. Maybe 2021 will be the year. I don't listen to their press. I'll just wait and see what happens.

Happy New Year, SOG.

Last edited by SAS_Random; 28-12-20 at 12:23 PM.
SAS_Random is offline   Reply With Quote