Biodome
Group Inactive Member
Community Sponsor

Biodome's community rank display

Total Donations: £25 (15/29)

Biodome is from Oslo, Norway Biodome is Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena View Post
The last movie I saw at the cinema was probably Star Wars: The Last Jedi, and I was positively surprised to see Laura Dern in it, other than that I found the movie lacking.

But my "go to" movies are those of female on female romance, and if I were to point a few out, it would be:

Imagine Me & You (2005)

Lena Headey does a good role in it, though I might have a crush on her. It is light hearted and humorous modern day romance, yet it manages to keep you sympathetic to the husbands situation. Also, Giles (Anthony Head) from Buffy!

Desert Hearts (1985)

Helen Shaver! And... Helen Shaver! Gosh, she's gorgeous. Another romance, though this one is set in the 50's. Fun fact! Helen Shaver auditioned for the part as Katheryn Janeway in Star Trek: Voyager. I'm glad Kate Mulgrew got the part, but I would have still watched it with Helen Shaver in the Captain's seat.

If These Walls Could Talk 2

For some reason, this film plays on my emotions. I've seen the first of If These Walls Could Talk and it was themed with the evolution of abortion. This second film puts the spotlight on lesbian social rights in three different ages of 1961, 1972 and 2000. The first part of the film starring the elderly Vanessa Redgrave and Marian Seldes always hits me the hardest.

When someone says I belong in that age due to my taste in music, I just shudder at the social implications it would have for me. No, I am happy I live in modern times.

Honorary straight themed movie mention: I like Julianne Moore quite a bit, and she plays in a movie named Far From Heaven (2002), a lot of the same crew that made it, also made Carol (2015). Out of the two I'd watch Far From Heaven again. Dennis Haysbert is absolutely charming in it.
Never seen any of these, so something to add to my watchlist Thank you!
Biodome is offline   Reply With Quote