Thread: [General] Lethal or Less-Lethal?
View Single Post
Old 14-03-18, 10:02 PM   #15
Matt
Community Founder
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Matt's community rank display

Total Donations: £299 (2/29)

Matt is a top donator with the Gold medal

Matt is from Rugby, United Kingdom Matt is Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
Have to agree with Demon Speed.
I prefer using lethal weapons, because it encourages close teamwork to achieve a good score.
Also i think it is more challenging - but i not claim its harder to complete the round, survive the round or to aim your gun. No. But it is harder to get a good score, it's harder to get 100/100 ranking. And that is good this way!

Certainly, i think like most people, i started playing the game less lethal. And as you said Matt, it almost ensures that you get a 100 score per round. Actually i know less lethal players that consider it a failure if there is any other end result than 100.
Skilled players can practically clear the default maps completely alone using less-lethal guns and getting full score.

But i learned fast that, for me, a score of 100 doesn't mean it was a good round... for example when people on a Less-Lethal-server started pepper rushing on Tenement and i virtually never see a teammate the whole round. Although 100/100, the "GG" at the end almost feels like irony. Thats no cooperation in my opinion.
The biggest weakness of Less Lethal is, as experienced player you not really need to cooperate with others or teamwork. Also a less-lethal player does not need to care for Rules of Engagements - you can always "shot on sight" without consequences... if it was a civilian that came around the corner and got hit by a beanbag, who cares?
I know it sounds like a "David vs Goliath" thing going with a Nova pump and beanbags against heavily armed, armored combatants.
But in this game it really isn't! One beanbag round, no matter at which body part it is placed, will stun every opponent.
Thats what lethal players are talking about, when saying less-lethal is overpowered.

In contrast to that, lethal players can only rely on their tacaids to solve the situation without casulties. With tacaids i mean flashbangs, gas, breaching equipment, wedges etc.
And these are extremely limited, forcing you to work together to achieve a good end result.

Im totally with you, when you say SWAT is a police force and there to save lives.
I think thats the curse of lethal weapons, that some people tend to confuse military (or anti-terror missions) with the tasks of a police force, that SWAT is.
Unfortunately there are lethal players that provoke shootouts, entering rooms without nades (even if they still got plenty), simply going for the kill (to prove their good reaction? idk).

But i think a serious lethal player is also aiming for a 100 score!
But getting there is a real team effort and a lot harder to achieve.
And yes, it is possible to do full score on all default maps with a full lethal setup (primary and secondary weapon lethal).
Of course this requires different tactics and procedures than with Less-Lethal, but if you succeed it feels like a real accomplishment.

I think in the end people have many different motives to play Swat4 COOP - some want to "beat" the game and get high scores others want a realistic experience and close teamwork.
I would say, stay open minded and respect each other. Thats most important.

Greetings
Could not have put it better myself. Here Here Columbo.... Well said

|SOG|Matt
Group Founder
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote