Old 04-07-18, 09:46 PM  
SAS_Random
Community Member

SAS_Random's community rank display

Total Donations: £0

SAS_Random is from Boston, United States SAS_Random is Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninwes View Post
In real life situation if you hit a civilian you get sued, even pepering make them sue you, especially in this day and age.
False. You are far less likely to lose a lawsuit from the physical use of force than through the use of special equipment. The punch / shove / grapple is allowed and the most easily defended in court. I have been to court numerous times and I've never had to worry because I always use physical force before using special equipment.

If they don't comply, you force their compliance. The closest thing the game has to a shove, is the melee / punch.

It's actually the level of force that is BEFORE using pepper spray or a taser is authorized. It's the taser and the pepper spray that would get you sued if you didn't attempt other means to gain compliance. If I used pepper spray or a taser on an unarmed civilian--that would be the lawsuit most difficult to defend.

If I was physically outmatched, I could use my baton as a lever and not a striking weapon, get the person into a submission hold until I could get back up or a civilian to help me sit on him and get the cuffs on. If he started to break free from the hold, then the pepper spray is nice to refocus the suspect on other problems.

Last edited by SAS_Random; 04-07-18 at 09:52 PM.
SAS_Random is offline   Reply With Quote