DefCon5
Community Member
Former |SOG| Member

DefCon5's community rank display

Total Donations: £0

DefCon5 is from Hamburg, Germany DefCon5 is Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
The devs have a great vision. This project is clearly inspired by the swat series and i hope the game is able to revive tactical shooters.

But i'm rather sceptical, until we see some actual gameplay material - the game is far from Release.

So many developers promised to "reinvent" the tactical shooter scene, but none of them couldn't deliver so far.
Just remember the kickstarter failure "Takedown: Red Sabre". But also games like "C.T.U.", "Epsilon" or "Ground Branch" simply couldn't hold up to the promises been made.

That the development takes some more time is okay for me, as long as the final product is properly polished.
Hey Columbo, it is not fair to call "Ground Branch" with the other crappy games u mentioned. GB is still in Alpha, it has a very low tempo on development and it is far outstanding. GB is damn challenging, and it does allso include already a lot more "Depth" then CTU or TDRS. We still have to wait for updates on the game & development. The concept is very unique and alot of "serious" gamers took notice on the game in a very positive way with good feedback.

Greetings,
DC

So, yes.. we may get our beloved SWAT series revived by some random dudes wich finally took the effort to make it. Since 2k, sierra & activision wont be a answer to this we have to keep our fingers crossed. I dont believe that Activision will come around the corner with a SWAT 5 - if so its will just be a copy of Rainbow Six *cough* Siege.. The industry does sleep well on their money bags and forgot that todays gamers are very smart .. they dont want to eat the crap anymore of the big global players. So we have a situation where "Tacticool" games gets made of groups without a financial background, cuz they love what they do and they know we will throw our money at them. I made alot of prayers for a SWAT Series Sequel, i even opened a church back in the days on X fire for players wanting to do a prayer ^^ So the answer came about 7 years later but its still a good timing. All i want is a SWAT like game with new gfx, new toolz and new stuff in it and RoN seems to be legit to fullfill that. On the last devbolg ive seen that the game will bring more on the way i ever dreamed of. Looking forwardz to the Pre Order on steam!!!

Best regards,
DC

Last edited by Ninwes; 16-03-18 at 10:30 AM.
DefCon5 is offline   Reply With Quote