Special Operations Group

Special Operations Group (https://www.sog-team.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (https://www.sog-team.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Black is back (https://www.sog-team.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=140)

Black 21-02-18 12:37 AM

The Black is back

Well, what do we have here. Old friends re-appear.

My name is Daniël, generally known as the Black around here. Also known as [ACC]Black and DvdGiessen at various online spaces. Keywords: Exact, night owl, observant, technician, optimist, introvert, great taste. Loves good conversations and not having to wake up early. The one you're looking for when you want to play games or discuss nuclear physica at 3AM. Probably not the one you're looking for if you want anything done in the morning.

Nowadays I'm working as a software engineer and computer scientist. Living in The Netherlands. I'm still an avid gamer, almost daily playing quite a few brilliant old games (ask me!) among which SWAT4.

I am also a (former) Forum VIP at SOG. I'm also that guy posting rainbows in the shoutbox (some might remember the tale at the old forums that led to that). Back in the day I spend a good portion of my life socializing with people I met here, even in real life! SOG disappearing for a while was sad, and even Paz Place didn't survive for long. One can imagine both my surprise and enthousiasm when I saw some old friends on Steam playing "a non-steam game" called "SWAT4" (hi Selena!), leading to the immediate discovery that somehow SOG was back and I hadn't even noticed for over a month. Now, lets get right back into it!

Good seeing y'all here again. I've never stopped missing those old days at SOG, lurking the forums every waking hour, playing games, having fun, and I'm looking forward to continuing that for many years to come! :cool:

TimC 21-02-18 01:51 AM

Welcome back Black, glad to see you back on the site. If you are up for SWAT still we have our servers up currently. We have a VIP tournament coming up this weekend! :)

Biodome 21-02-18 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black (Post 1764)
The one you're looking for when you want to play games or discuss nuclear physica at 3AM.

I'll keep that in mind. We should schedule an attempt to solve the P v. NP problem one night in the VIP server :D

In all seriousness, welcome back! I remember you quite well from the old times :)

KeeRIeS 21-02-18 05:31 AM

Hello!

I can’t remember you from the old |SOG| to be honest, probably was off before you appeared, but anyways it was pleasure to meet you yesterday on the server and will be pleasure to meet you there again, so feel invited to join our VIP Session #2 this Saturday at: SOG VIP Session #2.

Also feel invited to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram to keep informed and see a funny pictures there from time to time! (Links at the upper of the website!)

Again welcome to SOG Community,
|SOG|KeeRIeS

Ninwes 21-02-18 07:10 AM

Hey Black,

Good to see you again on the forums and servers, hope you stick around again :)

Matt 21-02-18 07:49 AM

Welcome back mate, really happy to see you.

Hope life been treating you well?

Do hope you'll be still able to stick around here like before

See you soon

Matt

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Selena 21-02-18 01:02 PM

Hey ya Black!

I did send you some messages on Steam about SOG being back, but I know sometimes people miss the messages, I sure do. Happy you noticed the gameplay though and good to have you back in play.

I got to keep it short as I should be off already. *waves* See you in-game again soon.

Black 21-02-18 04:11 PM

Thanks folks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biodome (Post 1770)
I'll keep that in mind. We should schedule an attempt to solve the P v. NP problem one night in the VIP server :D

Haha, let's reserve that as a bonus round for one of the upcoming tournaments. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 1774)
Hope life been treating you well?

Yeah, life's been really nice to me! Given me some time to study, work on some awesome projects, and since about half a year even leave time for the occasional videogame again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selena (Post 1777)
I did send you some messages on Steam about SOG being back, but I know sometimes people miss the messages, I sure do.

Aw, thank you! I never actually saw them, but it's the thought that counts. :p

Tyrope 21-02-18 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black (Post 1764)
Back in the day I spend a good portion of my life socializing with people I met here, even in real life!

IT WAS YOU! Hi man, how you been?

Black 21-02-18 10:32 PM

It was! I've been doing great! Actually happy to see that picture show up here, I had no idea those were preserved. :)