Special Operations Group

Special Operations Group (https://www.sog-team.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (https://www.sog-team.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Biodome (https://www.sog-team.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=30)

Biodome 29-01-18 08:40 PM

Biodome

Hello there!

It's really fun to see familiar people returning after so many years, so I decided to join in the action as well!

Back in 2010, this was really the first serious and well-organized gaming community that I was lucky enough to be a part of, and I still remember those 2 years as one of the best moments in my gaming experience. I had already made a few good friends when I joined the Forums, and it all made such a great impression on me, that I was simply craving for that |SOG| tag ASAP (I had to impatiently wait for about half a year more before I could apply due to the age requirements, but I eventually got it! :D)

The reason I am returning now is because I can feel all the nostalgia, starting with daily Coop matches, the VIP banter, training sessions in the |SOG| Academy, and the general feeling of being part of a well-known and friendly group of people (we basically ruled SWAT 4 back then in all respects). I am certainly willing to spend some time to make sure that we won't be needing any more reunions like this in the future - let's make this one as permanent as ever :D

If you'd like to know me outside of gaming, I am Lithuanian, currently living in Norway. Do talk to me about anything and everything. As a starting point, my hobbies include film, music, and books (especially fantasy and sci-fi). Anything related to philosophy and science, discussing politics and art. Oh, and I also play chess, so challenge me to a match if you dare :p

See you in-game!

223Games 29-01-18 08:55 PM

welcome back man! and you deffently right about the saying: WE RULLED SWAT 4 BACK THEN! haha nice! hope to rule it again sometime! (or a other game haha) playing swat 4 irritates me i think cause you cant run ;) hahaha

KeeRIeS 29-01-18 09:06 PM

Welcome back!

I can't believe this is happening... I'm saying hello here to another user and I'm feeling so happy this is coming back. Let's have it working AGAIN! Come on! :D

Good to see you on board, mate! :)

sander 29-01-18 09:13 PM

good to see you back mate hope to enjoy some games soon

Recon 30-01-18 10:43 AM

Welcome back to duties, Biodome :)

So cool officers responded so fast for a call of reunion :)

Pendy 30-01-18 03:27 PM

Hi Biodome, i cant remember having any games with you in the past, but hopefully we can in the future :)

Biodome 30-01-18 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendy (Post 393)
Hi Biodome, i cant remember having any games with you in the past, but hopefully we can in the future :)

Yeah, I can't recall your name either. By 2012, I wasn't active in the game and clan anymore, so maybe that's why. And yes, hopefully we can remedy that by playing some games in the near future :)

Ninwes 30-01-18 05:04 PM

Hey biodome,

Welcome back to the forums :)

Nicoleise 30-01-18 09:23 PM

Very good to see you again, mate! Welcome back! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biodome (Post 210)
Anything related to philosophy and science[...]

I've heard vague statements before, but that one covers practically everything?! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biodome (Post 210)
Oh, and I also play chess, so challenge me to a match if you dare :p

The last time I heard that, I won the games. :p I have a very "Liam Neeson" style of playing chess. :D Would love to play some day, although it'd have to wait untill things settle down a bit.

Again though, really nice to see you again and good to see you're doing well :)

Biodome 31-01-18 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicoleise (Post 480)
I've heard vague statements before, but that one covers practically everything?! :D

Yeah, those are massive fields. I didn't think there was a need to go into many specifics, though, as we already have an essayist here who likes to write gigantic novels with every post :p

I've always enjoyed philosophy, googling about random concepts and following the never-ending Wikipedia hyperlinks in the philosophy categories. I guess I am most interested in epistemology, morality, ontology as well as the study of logical reasoning. I don't shy away from theological discussions either, but it's not everyone's cup of tea.

As for science, I am a molecular geneticist by education, so I have a natural affinity to biology, but I also keep astronomy, physics, and mathematics as hobbies, so I love diving deep into those fields at any opportunity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicoleise (Post 480)
The last time I heard that, I won the games. :p

It will be my pleasure to break that winning streak of yours :p