Special Operations Group

Special Operations Group (https://www.sog-team.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Announcements (https://www.sog-team.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A way to buy SWAT 4 (https://www.sog-team.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=18)

KeeRIeS 29-01-18 05:07 PM

A way to buy SWAT 4

If you are in trouble of finding your copy of SWAT 4 and you want to buy one instead of some illegal ways to get it, I kindly inform you this one as a digital copy of the game, for example here: GOG - SWAT 4 GOLD EDITION (standard + The Stetchkov Syndicate for only 40,89 PLN which is around 9.87 EUR (as Google says).

Regards,
KeeRIeS

Orion 29-01-18 05:10 PM

That is a useful link :)

Matt 29-01-18 05:12 PM

thanks mate, thankfully I still have my two CD's in the loft.... apply a NOCD patch and presto... Still installed on my laptop and had a few rounds the other week

SpyInBlack 29-01-18 05:37 PM

Swat 4 Multiplayer

I found this for multiplayer i hope it works.

http://www.moddb.com/games/swat-4/tu...layer-tutorial

Ninwes 29-01-18 06:08 PM

I actually have the cds, but still bought the swat 4 gold edition on Gog.com, because nowadays i like my games to stay digital.

SpyInBlack 29-01-18 06:12 PM

Cant lose digital copy :P Ive been all over my room trying to find my cd's. No luck ...

sander 29-01-18 06:17 PM

have iso's of them but still bought it as the game is awesome

SpyInBlack 29-01-18 06:25 PM

I guess ill have to buy it as well.... cant find those damn cd's anywhere

Nicoleise 29-01-18 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 87)
[...]I still have my two CD's in the loft[...]

Pffft! A proper SWAT 4 fan of course never uninstalled the game to begin with. :D

And yes, that of course means, that I still have some ancient harddrive installed in my PC, so yes, it's more of a burn on myself, but hey! :D

SpyInBlack 29-01-18 06:32 PM

That is true. Unless you buy a new pc and give old one to your dad :P

Tyrope 29-01-18 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicoleise (Post 122)
And yes, that of course means, that I still have some ancient harddrive installed in my PC, so yes, it's more of a burn on myself, but hey! :D

That thing still passing it's S.M.A.R.T. checks? Kudos.

KeeRIeS 29-01-18 07:11 PM

I think the sale statistics for this game will increase many times just because of Matt's idea of Reunity... Maybe he's just GOG's owner...? :D

Matt 29-01-18 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeeRIeS (Post 145)
I think the sale statistics for this game will increase many times just because of Matt's idea of Reunity... Maybe he's just GOG's owner...? :D

I need shares!!!! I wish I had bought in to this company now!!! LOL

My hardrive with all my files on was an IDE 80GB drive... OMG that is ancient.

I have an adapter that allowed me to plug it into my laptop via USB. I retrieved everything off it, and hey presto... all is back :D

sander 29-01-18 07:38 PM

ide damm thats ancient the good time of waiting for ages for file transfers :p

Freeezer 29-01-18 08:42 PM

Also on steam you can buy a predecessor - SWAT 3 :) Too bad the SWAT 4 is not present yet on steam.... If you like link is below:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/56..._Year_Edition/

Recon 30-01-18 10:16 AM

Agree with Nico - SWAT 4 is always on my PC and the first game which i install after reinstalling the OS :D

Still my version of the game is not really legal... but i honestly thinking about finely buy it coz this game brought me more fun than lots of other paid games :D

Bravo 30-01-18 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeeRIeS (Post 84)
If you are in trouble of finding your copy of SWAT 4 and you want to buy one instead of some illegal ways to get it, I kindly inform you this one as a digital copy of the game, for example here: GOG - SWAT 4 GOLD EDITION (standard + The Stetchkov Syndicate for only 40,89 PLN which is around 9.87 EUR (as Google says).

Regards,
KeeRIeS

It's good to know :) Thx Kerries for that info. You were very helpfull :) I've lost my SWAT 4 GOLD during technological issues. You restored my hope to buy it again

TimC 02-02-18 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bravo (Post 293)
It's good to know :) Thx Kerries for that info. You were very helpfull :) I've lost my SWAT 4 GOLD during technological issues. You restored my hope to buy it again

Agreed, bought this just now, just waiting on it to download! :)

KeeRIeS 02-02-18 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bravo (Post 293)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimC
Agreed, bought this just now, just waiting on it to download! :)

No problem! Happy to be able to help somehow :)

Michael 03-02-18 06:48 PM

Is this a digital copy?

TimC 03-02-18 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael (Post 958)
Is this a digital copy?

Yes you can download both SWAT4 and TSS, it's all one install file. For me it installed both at the same time. Check out the downloads section for the 1.1 patch. :)

sander 03-02-18 06:53 PM

isn't the gog already 1.1?

Ninwes 03-02-18 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sander (Post 960)
isn't the gog already 1.1?

Yes it is :)

TimC 03-02-18 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninwes (Post 961)
Yes it is :)

Oh well i didn't know that, makes sense now lol... guess i was referring to the admin mod thing lol

Recon 04-02-18 07:20 AM

I've heard Swat 3 is pretty good also.

Does someone has it to play with? Wanna try the game.

Defeater 04-02-18 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recon (Post 1001)

Actually, I own a physical copy and it's still wrapped in plastic.

223Games 06-02-18 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Defeater (Post 1052)
Actually, I own a physical copy and it's still wrapped in plastic.

that has some value to it ;) ahaha

Biodome 06-02-18 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 223Games (Post 1277)
that has some value to it ;) ahaha

Is that a collector's item now? :D I always assumed you could easily obtain the copies in new condition, but I might be wrong on that.

Nicoleise 06-02-18 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recon (Post 1001)

I've played it but no longer have the disc. Not sure if it will actually run in newer Windows versions. :)

It's a game that's not massively different from SWAT 4, and I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to owners of SWAT 4.

There are some differences though - of course different missions, in many cases they do feel more intense. There are also differences in e.g. how suspects react. To me, SWAT 3 feels more realistic, since I feel that runners are less likely, which is consistent with my expectancy of a suspect holding an AK.

I liked stuff like the "radio" (commands) much better though; it was numbered items, just as in Arma, so you'd quickly learn that e.g. 1-1-7 might be stack up and try the door.

I feel that in SWAT 4, the focus was on improving the graphics, sound and immersiveness of the gameplay from the predecessor, whereas I feel that with SWAT 3 they worked more on the core concept of the game and left the visuals "as is".

Recon 07-02-18 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicoleise (Post 1292)
I've played it but no longer have the disc. Not sure if it will actually run in newer Windows versions. :)

It's a game that's not massively different from SWAT 4, and I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to owners of SWAT 4.

There are some differences though - of course different missions, in many cases they do feel more intense. There are also differences in e.g. how suspects react. To me, SWAT 3 feels more realistic, since I feel that runners are less likely, which is consistent with my expectancy of a suspect holding an AK.

I liked stuff like the "radio" (commands) much better though; it was numbered items, just as in Arma, so you'd quickly learn that e.g. 1-1-7 might be stack up and try the door.

I feel that in SWAT 4, the focus was on improving the graphics, sound and immersiveness of the gameplay from the predecessor, whereas I feel that with SWAT 3 they worked more on the core concept of the game and left the visuals "as is".

Isn't Swat 3 selling in Steam? Thought all games which are in Steam runs at least on Win 7...

MichaelSR 08-02-18 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recon (Post 1384)
Isn't Swat 3 selling in Steam? Thought all games which are in Steam runs at least on Win 7...

Yeah, but on steam it's Singleplayer Only, I'm afraid. Would probably need some work-arounds.

Recon 08-02-18 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelSR (Post 1416)
Yeah, but on steam it's Singleplayer Only, I'm afraid. Would probably need some work-arounds.

hmm who but SP games... if there is torrent for it ^^