Special Operations Group

Special Operations Group (https://www.sog-team.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Community Lounge (https://www.sog-team.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (https://www.sog-team.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=410)

Matt 26-05-19 09:48 AM

What are you playing right now?

Hi all

I am interested, what are you playing the most right now, and on what console?

PS - Orion I know it is probably VR - dont make me jealous!

I've been playing Arkham series on PS4 recently and also C&C generals (a blast from the past).

Let us know your current games!

SpyInBlack 26-05-19 11:54 AM

Ive been playing Apex Legends when i can. Its a fun game and with right squad its fun.

sander 26-05-19 07:34 PM

Nice also been playing C&C Generals, and forza horizon 4

Orion 28-05-19 06:32 AM

:D :D

There are few pancake games that I forcing my self to play while my controllers are charging. Nah jokes aside I still do play flat games. For example I really like Insurgency sandstorm and with recent update that brings Hardcore coop I do play it now and then. Love sometime make Mayhem in new Hitman 2 . New Cossacks ( same old but in new cover ) my favourite RTS.

Michael 10-06-19 04:02 PM

Mostly Star Trek Online, they've put in new missions and a new faction to play as. I've also played The Division 1&2 a lot recently. I've tried to go back to finish ME:Andromeda but it seems like it's going to take forever and after playing ME 1-3, I'd rather go back to ME 2 or 3 than finish Andromeda lol. I may get back into SWTOR but I can only play that when I'm sub'd as it's not worth playing without a sub, at least STO gives you everything for free.

I haven't got into an VR stuff yet, so I'm jelly of Orion too!

Matt 13-06-19 06:13 PM

Nice games all, some I have played, some I havent.

Whats Star Trek like then?

Michael 13-06-19 07:24 PM

STO is a somewhat traditional MMO, with DPS, healers and tanks. It has a combo of ground and space battles. Mostly single player, but there is group content and even big group content and a little section for PVP if that's your thing. You can team up though with buddies at any point of game play of up to a 5 man team.

Other than the fact that it is based in the Star Trek universe and has references to all cannon TV shows, from the original, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT and even discovery, the thing that got me is many MMOs look cartoony and have sad graphics. STO was the first one that put out the best graphics (just in a MMO category of games) and still has the best imo. Mb Eve Online can compete and if Star Citizen ever comes out, will likely put STO to shame as it did come out in 2010. Another cool aspect is, many MMOs make you pay a monthly subscription and STO is 100% free to play. You can fully enjoy it without ever spending a penny of real money. If you have the time and patience to save up the appropriate in-game resources, there's no need to spend real money. However, it is an option :p

Here are some screens from peeps in the UFP and google:

SpyInBlack 13-06-19 10:28 PM

I started to play Apex Legends a bit and i must say its pretty good.

Played Star Trek Online before but got bored of it but i hear it got a lot more content now.
So that its nice idea to start playing. Maybe even implement it into SOG.

Matt 23-06-19 08:49 AM

Well I've just bought CTR for ps :d

Kiddies game but wanted to see the remaster of a game I played as a child. Crash Bandicoot is still a legend in my eyes.... Blast from the past

Sent from my Huawei P20 Mate Pro using Tapatalk

Black 26-06-19 12:23 PM

Old games are often awesome still. Spend a lot of time watching SGDQ last few days, lots of older but also remastered games there, absolutely love it.

I myself just finished playing Fantastic Dizzy, and now started on the first Duke Nukem. :)