PDA

View Full Version : O'Neill Intro

O'Neill
04-02-18, 03:27 PM
Hello there.

Some people here already know me but I'll give a recap. I didn't formally join SOG but I was a Forum VIP. A long time ago, I was playing SWAT 4 co-op and found the SOG server. There I met tcTransporter (Tim), Law (Mike), Trinity (Selena), Spec, and many others who I might not remember at the moment as it was a long time ago. I played SWAT 4 co-op almost exclusively but played VIP mode a few times.

I am still a co-op gamer, playing games such as The Division, Star Trek Online, World of Warships and Armored Warfare (though the last two I'm playing on and off).

I'm a sci-fi fan (the avatar is probably a clue :laugh: )

I've been steadily employed for about 5 years at a small company where I handle logistics and technical support.

Uh, I guess that's all I have for now.

sander
04-02-18, 03:28 PM
welcome back mate see you ingame.

Nicoleise
04-02-18, 03:29 PM
Very good to see you again, O'Neil. :)

Yea, I remember lots of posting and chatting with you. :) Definitely remember that you and Mike were into Star Trek Online for a while too! It's good to see you're doing well.

I hope you still have SWAT 4 somewhere, and feel up for joining; if not - I'd join you for some Division some day, although I'd have to ask you to choose a day where you feel patient. :D

Selena
04-02-18, 04:09 PM
Hey, I have The Division, on PS4 though. :P

Good to see your introduction post, O'Neill, I learn a bit new here and there.

Star Trek Online though? Its so... So... Ugh. I mean. Yeah, but.. NO. *laughs* I can't do MMO's. I keep trying, but I always fail at enjoying it.

C.A.B.A.L.
04-02-18, 04:40 PM
Yay :) WB M8 :)

Ninwes
04-02-18, 05:28 PM
Hey O'neill.

Welcome back to the forums and hope to see you on the servers at times.

Matt
04-02-18, 07:28 PM
Hello mate, welcome back to the site. Great to hear all is well. Hope you can stick around,

Matt

KeeRIeS
04-02-18, 08:09 PM
Welcome to the forums again! :)

Have a nice time here! :)

Bravo
04-02-18, 08:26 PM
STARGATE Rules It's good to see you here after all this years. Long time no seen. :) It's good when old buddies returned to home :)

Biodome
04-02-18, 09:49 PM
Welcome back!

I'm a sci-fi fan (the avatar is probably a clue :laugh: )

Not just your avatar, the nickname too :D (or is that your actual surname?)

Spec
04-02-18, 09:59 PM
Welcome back, Colonel ;)

Recon
05-02-18, 12:54 PM
Hello, O'Neill :)

I do remember you from old time, even believe we did a few round in Swat ... hope i am not wrong ^^

Nice to see you again :)

STARGATE Rules It's good to see you here after all this years. Long time no seen. :) It's good when old buddies returned to home :)

Yey ! STARGATE Rules ! Stargate Universe is my favorite :)

I like this series also.:)

Selena
05-02-18, 10:24 PM
Stargate Universe is my favorite :)

Why is SG:U your favorite?

TimC
06-02-18, 01:33 AM
Welcome back O'Neill hope to see you in game sometime soon! Oh and VIP is the best mode ever by the way! ;)

Recon
06-02-18, 11:53 AM
Why is SG:U your favorite?

Honestly other patch didn't catch me much, never managed finish to watch them fully... but SG:U - i was eager to watch next part of it, mb the general idea i liked and wish to know all the secrets this Series had... still sad about it didn't have an actual end :S

Selena
06-02-18, 01:39 PM
Honestly other patch didn't catch me much, never managed finish to watch them fully... but SG:U - i was eager to watch next part of it, mb the general idea i liked and wish to know all the secrets this Series had... still sad about it didn't have an actual end :S

I hated it. I watched it all but I hated the idiotic humanity of it. Hiding, conniving, backstabbing, chaotic. I was hoping it would get better, as I was eager about there being a f/f couple in it, but... They never got anywhere with it, and finished it without an end. That show confused me so much. *laughs*

You're a Stargate man, O'Neill. Did you like Universe?

O'Neill
06-02-18, 04:19 PM
I hated it. I watched it all but I hated the idiotic humanity of it. Hiding, conniving, backstabbing, chaotic. I was hoping it would get better, as I was eager about there being a f/f couple in it, but... They never got anywhere with it, and finished it without an end. That show confused me so much. *laughs*

You're a Stargate man, O'Neill. Did you like Universe?I didn't like SG:U. It was having an identity crisis bouncing between BSG and ST Voyager. SG:U sort of improved the writing near the end but by that time the powers- that-be pulled the plug on it. I would preferred to have one more season of SGA or gotten a movie(s) like SG-1 did.

Nico, Recon, Spec; I do remember the co-op rounds we had. Good to see you all back here. [emoji4] Thanks of course to Matt for bringing all of us back here.

I still have the CDs for SWAT 4 and I think I saved a backup of the chat keybinds too. Not sure if the game can run on my modern rig though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Selena
06-02-18, 07:06 PM
I didn't like SG:U. It was having an identity crisis bouncing between BSG and ST Voyager. SG:U sort of improved the writing near the end but by that time the powers- that-be pulled the plug on it. I would preferred to have one more season of SGA or gotten a movie(s) like SG-1 did.

Don't even! That was nowhere NEAR Voyager... Bah! *laughs*

Spec
06-02-18, 08:05 PM
I find it kind of funny that the 200th episode of SG1 practically parodied SGU before it became a thing.

I miss SG. But I built a SWAT 4 map based on not only the SGC, but also an offworld scenario which you can enter once you've cleared the gate room and went through the Stargate.

Recon
07-02-18, 04:14 PM
I miss SG. But I built a SWAT 4 map based on not only the SGC, but also an offworld scenario which you can enter once you've cleared the gate room and went through the Stargate.

wow is that real? when you plan to finish it?

O'Neill
07-02-18, 04:31 PM
Don't even! That was nowhere NEAR Voyager... Bah! *laughs*

Ok, that's fair. It's the lost in uncharted territory that reminded me of Voyager. The fairest assessment of SG:U is this clip.

5HeNZBItzps

I would like to play a Stargate mmo but it seems the franchise can't get any games on PC. There is a mobile game but it doesn't do the franchise justice.

Spec
07-02-18, 04:56 PM
wow is that real? when you plan to finish it?

Well, I'm not a graphics artist. Functionally, it is complete. Just doesn't look as great as I'd like to, but I can't fix that myself^^ I had to make do with rather basic geometry for the offworld environment. It looks a bit Unreal Tournament-ish. But I guess that makes it all the more alien =)

It's fully playable in CO-OP though. I mean, you can't fight literal aliens, I had to re-cast some men in suits to represent rogue N.I.D. agents who took over an offworld site and the SGC itself, with generic terrorist models as hostages for a change (because that's closest to the SG uniform within the basic SWAT4 set of equipment^^)

@ O'Neill: That's the scene I meant! =D

Selena
07-02-18, 05:42 PM
Ok, that's fair. It's the lost in uncharted territory that reminded me of Voyager. The fairest assessment of SG:U is this clip.

5HeNZBItzps

I would like to play a Stargate mmo but it seems the franchise can't get any games on PC. There is a mobile game but it doesn't do the franchise justice.

More sci-fi games, I'm for that! Hopping from planet to planet? Why hasn't anyone done that in a game? Hehe.

That is funny though. Teen appeal... They did have some mature moments, like the body switching. Isn't it kind of freaky to lend out your body to someone else and have to STD test it afterwards?

O'Neill
08-02-18, 09:12 PM
More sci-fi games, I'm for that! Hopping from planet to planet? Why hasn't anyone done that in a game? Hehe.

That is funny though. Teen appeal... They did have some mature moments, like the body switching. Isn't it kind of freaky to lend out your body to someone else and have to STD test it afterwards?I'm pretty sure there's no way the Air Force would allow the body-swapping stones to be used like that. What's worse is fact that the woman who used it in such a manner is a member of the IOA, a civilian oversight committee that reviews the activities of the SGC.

Selena
09-02-18, 12:08 AM
I'm pretty sure there's no way the Air Force would allow the body-swapping stones to be used like that. What's worse is fact that the woman who used it in such a manner is a member of the IOA, a civilian oversight committee that reviews the activities of the SGC.

The chick in the wheelchair was? Thought she was just a scientist. Oh well.

O'Neill
09-02-18, 12:22 AM
The chick in the wheelchair was? Thought she was just a scientist. Oh well.I meant the Asian woman using the stones to swap bodies with a female Airman on Earth for a conjugal visit. I had forgotten about the scientist in the wheelchair. [emoji23]

Selena
09-02-18, 12:35 AM
I meant the Asian woman using the stones to swap bodies with a female Airman on Earth for a conjugal visit. I had forgotten about the scientist in the wheelchair. [emoji23]

Wasn't she just meeting with her spouse like all the rest? Haha. I thought it was only the wheelchair lady that really got it on. I wonder if the airman would fill out a form of what activities would be allowed with their body, and the one coming through to it could read and know what the boundaries were. If that wasn't in place, maybe you'd get back and have a tattoo on your leg, you know? Some ugly squid or something.

O'Neill
09-02-18, 01:33 AM
Wasn't she just meeting with her spouse like all the rest? Haha. I thought it was only the wheelchair lady that really got it on. I wonder if the airman would fill out a form of what activities would be allowed with their body, and the one coming through to it could read and know what the boundaries were. If that wasn't in place, maybe you'd get back and have a tattoo on your leg, you know? Some ugly squid or something.

Well, the Asian woman (the IOA civilian) was visiting her long-time girlfriend via the stones and got down to business in another woman's body. There probably are limits depending on security clearance levels but I doubt the writers really thought this through and just wanted two ladies making out on camera.

O'Neill
09-02-18, 09:50 PM
Welcome back!

Not just your avatar, the nickname too :D (or is that your actual surname?)Sorry, I missed this post. [emoji50] I'm a fan of the character. Don't know if have Irish roots. [emoji23]