PDA

View Full Version : Selena

Selena
04-02-18, 11:37 AM
Everyone! May I have your attention, please?

*gestures for folks to step closer*

Some of you know of me, some have kept in touch, some have heard of my old name of Trinity and some of you don't know me at all. I invite you all to revisit getting to know me again now. This is indeed a reunion, and I bet we all have varying degrees of memory loss as well as taking into consideration how much a person can change in 10 years. *grins*

For many years now I've used the name Selena / Selena the Arctic Wolf and other variations. It is based off of a character in my original story that I even posted a bit from in the old SOG forum. Aaaand, I still haven't gotten any further on that story if you were all wondering.

A/S/L: 34 years old (35 this year), woman, Norway.

General: Gamer and dog lover at heart. I don't work due to illness. When it comes to media, which I guess I am a decent consumer of, I tend to seek out science fiction, action, crime and fantasy. I read a LOT of Fan-fiction and some anime are awesome too.

I'm back here at SOG because I do have very fond memories of SWAT and clans related to SWAT. SOG was the last SWAT clan I was in, and I was a pretty active user of the forum and just as active co-op player. I was pretty specific and hard headed with my gaming, not willing to end lives. *smiles* It was an ongoing struggle for me to get people in line, but I did manage it a few times. *laughs* Lots of fond memories of good players and off topic conversations.

DKS, ECHO, DBS, US*T and SOG were the primary clans I were a part of in my SWAT time, and due to my active participation I actually managed to get decent ranks too.

Along the way I met some really great people, and after so many years I still feel close to some.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I may never fire up SWAT4 again, though I own the discs, know where the discs are and have taken great care of those precious games. I am just not sure I want to go back.

I DID know of the project Ready or Not, and have been interested in a new take on SWAT for SO long. But now that I look at their site, they seem to not have any dev blogs since July? I fear for the projects completion.

Never the less, I am keen to familiarize myself with SOG's old and new faces and game on other games for the time being.

Playstation 4: selenataw
Steam: Selena83
Origin: selenataw

I will add to the list as I deem it relevant.

As for games... I have been gaming since NES, so I have a few games lying around. These days I am playing Left 4 Dead 2 and Divinity: Original Sin 2 on PC. On PS4 I do some rounds of Rocket League. Ask me about my games and I might take the time to list a few I have.

Consoles & PC's I own/still have: PS1, PS2, PS4. PC & Laptop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I guess this will do as a first post in my introductory thread. Thank you for reading and taking an interest.

Biodome
04-02-18, 11:57 AM
Great introduction! I remember your name from the past, but I didn't know much beyond that. Also, now I know why even Nico considers you to be the best writer of long posts :D

What kinds of sci-fi and fantasy do you like, specifically?

C.A.B.A.L.
04-02-18, 01:06 PM
Wow Another Friendly Face :) And another L4D player (i must rly check it out someday ;) Welcome Back :)

Orion
04-02-18, 01:23 PM
I think it was 2006 maybe earlyer but for sure I wasnt in SOG at that time. You thought me one thing. You have to write 'What the* f...' not What a f...' ))) Even remember that we played on Red library map. Uff im still terrible at some words

KeeRIeS
04-02-18, 01:35 PM
Hello! Nice to see you again :)

Ninwes
04-02-18, 02:15 PM
Hey Tri.. Selena,

Welcome to the forums again and it's good to see you around again. if you play l4D you can always hook me up i like some zombie killing :D.

I'm trying to put full words as i remember you don't like words like lol or lmao as you always typed them full :)

O'Neill
04-02-18, 02:29 PM
Hello Selena. (Though I'll always remember you as Trinity :P) I do remember the articulated posts you made over the years on the old SOG forum, the many late night hours of co-op under your leadership, and your teasing of any guys that looked your way. :P

Selena
04-02-18, 03:30 PM
now I know why even Nico considers you to be the best writer of long posts :D

What kinds of sci-fi and fantasy do you like, specifically?

Nico did write some impressively long posts, I almost had to compete. *grins* It is good for my English anyways.

Specifically what comes to mind on sci-fi is Star Trek (The Next Generation, Voyager and some of the movies), Babylon 5 (plus some of the movies), Pitch Black, Terminator, Alien, Predator, Stargate and so forth. On the fantasy side you have Pan's Labyrinth, Lord of the Rings, 300 and a bunch of others that just gets your imagination going. Vampires, creatures, monsters, big fantasy worlds and unusual societies and time travel and... and... Yeah. You catch my drift. Anything in particular you were thinking of?

Wow Another Friendly Face :) And another L4D player (i must rly(really) check it out someday ;) Welcome Back :)

Thanks. Yeah, I'm closing on a 1000 hours on L4D2 I believe. It isn't really the most immersive game out there, but it is just such simply fun that needs an alert and functioning team to be fun. So, I do enjoy the game with the right people.

I think it was 2006 maybe earlyer but for sure I wasnt in SOG at that time. You thought (taught) me one thing. You have to write 'What the* f...' not What a f...' ))) Even remember that we played on Red library map. Uff im still terrible at some words

Yeah, but I'm here now, I can resume my teachings of how to cuss with decent spelling and grammar. Haha!

Hello! Nice to see you again :)

Hi! Nice to see you too.

Hey Tri.. Selena,

Welcome to the forums again and it's good to see you around again. if you play l4D you can always hook me up i like some zombie killing :D.

I'm trying to put full words as i remember you don't like words like lol or lmao as you always typed them full :)

I'd love to play with you NinWES, and you are allowed to put shortenings of words and such in-game, where they belong. Right? Haha. I use them in chat sometimes too, don't worry. They are just more fitting when you need your hands to do... Other things.. Than type. *smirks*

Alright. Let's play a round or five next week somewhere? I'll protect you when I'm not all tongue tied.

Hello Selena. (Though I'll always remember you as Trinity :P) I do remember the articulated posts you made over the years on the old SOG forum, the many late night hours of co-op under your leadership, and your teasing of any guys that looked your way. :P

I do not tease!... ish. *grins* I might be a bit of a tease, but that's behind me now.. Just look, at that awesome behind.. I.. OK, so it might not be out of my blood just yet. *laughs* I'm just joking around though, like I always do.

Wasn't it you and I (I might be mistaken on who I wrote all that with) that wrote that story on the forum, about the NCIS-ish telling of the female character that was pursued by her enemies and ended up dead? I barely remember that, and the intensity of it. Fun times.

The drama continues...

Nicoleise
04-02-18, 03:43 PM
Good to see the awaited introduction. An interesting read of course, though I never expected anything less. :)

Like I said elsewhere; I'm happy to see you back, and to see that you're still doing alright. And that you haven't been rear-ended by those tailgating Norwegians I once complained to you about, expecting you to fix it by addressing the nation. :p

Out of the games you mention, L4D2 is the only one I play. I know that Recon has a burning desire to play though the game end to end, so if you like, we could setup a complete playthrough with a forth player? :)

Take care! :)

O'Neill
04-02-18, 03:46 PM
I do not tease!... ish. *grins* I might be a bit of a tease, but that's behind me now.. Just look, at that awesome behind.. I.. OK, so it might not be out of my blood just yet. *laughs* I'm just joking around though, like I always do.

Wasn't it you and I (I might be mistaken on who I wrote all that with) that wrote that story on the forum, about the NCIS-ish telling of the female character that was pursued by her enemies and ended up dead? I barely remember that, and the intensity of it. Fun times.

The drama continues...

You might want to tone down the teasing unless your girl doesn't mind. :p

I remember I wrote some of that story and you and others wrote the rest. That was probably my first bad attempt at fanfiction. :lol:

Selena
04-02-18, 04:01 PM
Like I said elsewhere; I'm happy to see you back, and to see that you're still doing alright. And that you haven't been rear-ended by those tailgating Norwegians I once complained to you about, expecting you to fix it by addressing the nation. :p

Out of the games you mention, L4D2 is the only one I play. I know that Recon has a burning desire to play though the game end to end, so if you like, we could setup a complete playthrough with a forth player? :)

Take care! :)

Thank you, thank you. Glad to be back. Norwegians love tailgating, addressing the nation just didn't work out the way I wanted. I might have put my teasing spin on my words and most didn't realize I was talking about tailgating. :P

Well then, we have soon gathered a full team, ready to head out into the wilds of zombie infested territories. Woop!

You might want to tone down the teasing unless your girl doesn't mind. :p

I remember I wrote some of that story and you and others wrote the rest. That was probably my first bad attempt at fanfiction. :lol:

I assure you, my girl doesn't mind. *grins* We talk about it now and then, and she's cool with it. She's probably coming to the forum and will be reading this herself. Sometimes I copy paste it to my girl so she knows what I say when I'm being silly. Haha. Full disclosure.

Hey, that was not a bad attempt at all. As an experienced fan-fiction reader, I can tell you that right off the bat you will be better than 50% of the writers out there. Trust me. *laughs*

Biodome
04-02-18, 09:33 PM
Nico did write some impressively long posts, I almost had to compete. *grins* It is good for my English anyways.

Yeah, your command of English, to my eyes at least, seems indistinguishable from that of a literate native speaker!

Specifically what comes to mind on sci-fi is Star Trek (The Next Generation, Voyager and some of the movies), Babylon 5 (plus some of the movies), Pitch Black, Terminator, Alien, Predator, Stargate and so forth. On the fantasy side you have Pan's Labyrinth, Lord of the Rings, 300 and a bunch of others that just gets your imagination going. Vampires, creatures, monsters, big fantasy worlds and unusual societies and time travel and... and... Yeah. You catch my drift.

Those are some very fine and classic picks! I really like your taste! I am glad that you mentioned Lord of the Rings among the fantasy examples - it's an unforgettable universe. I've just finished collecting all of The History of Middle-earth volumes - that's going to be a massive shelf to read :D

The only difference between you and me that I can see is that I've never had a chance to get into Star Trek - I kind of grew up with Star Wars. But I get along well with Trekkies too :p

Anything in particular you were thinking of?

My list of sci-fi would also include the Doctor Who TV Series, and Douglas Adams' literature. They would fit most of the categories you mentioned, i.e. "creatures, monsters, big fantasy worlds and unusual societies and time travel". Not sure if you've heard of those, but if you haven't, they might be of interest to you.

Where in Norway do you live, by the way, if you don't mind me asking?

Matt
04-02-18, 10:01 PM
Excellent introduction... I have learnt some new things I did not know before Selena!

For example, didn't know you couldn't work due to illness... I hope you are ok!

Secondly, don't ever remember the mention of dogs... do you have any? If so names & breeds?

Lastly, I do think you should dust down the SWAT disk.... I mean, I got back into the game for 5 minutes and feel disappointed I ever left it!

Glad you are part of this community again, I always enjoyed your presence in the past.

DefCon5
05-02-18, 12:31 AM
Hey there,

great to see you again here on the forums .. loong time no seen.
I agree on Matt's offer to take a look at the "One and Only" CD ever :)
You may look at it and all the memorys from the good old times appearing in your imagination, then you start to play and its will be like a timemachine with target 2007/8.

I didnt knew you were in so many clans before, but your presence ingame was allways a mystery to me as you looked so educated, we didnt played much but we had some rounds..

For Ready or Not, all i can say we have to wait! I recommend to check the reddit for RoN and take some time to find infos: https://www.reddit.com/r/ReadyOrNotGame/ As far i know theyre currently overviewing/ working some stuff to polish the game for a better gameplay experience. They allso made a clear "Strike" by dropping the Trailer bombs - it has get a lot of attention now and lots a peoples waiting for news and the next devblog. I believe they do work on it and will release more info "soon" Lets pray this will NOT end in a disaster and give em the time to develop ;)

I know that you posted once a Video or some information about a group called Pentatonix on the old forums, i had a look to it and felt in love with the great Music / cover versions they do, i really like acapella Music. If youre from Norway you may heard of "Aurora" if not get a look on yt :)

Best regards,
DefCon5

Recon
05-02-18, 11:29 AM
Hello, Selena :) Nice to meet one more girl on this boys-mostly-forum ^^

Not sure we had played together back days, hope to fix it soon.

You did mention you were a part of US*T community before. It was the first community i'd joined. My Nickname was Os that time.
Don't remember tho if we met there. Were you a part of Blue Angels squad? Do you remember Zero and MP?
I am still in touch with Rod_Seal if you know him ^^

Agree, i am always up for killing-zombie-parties :D

Selena
06-02-18, 12:08 AM
your command of English seems indistinguishable from that of a literate native speaker!

Thanks, I get that a bit. I try to shed the awful Norwegian butchering of English. Native speakers find it charming when you have a distinct sound to your English that firmly establishes you as a foreigner. I am less enthusiastic of such sounds, at least from my self.

I really like your taste! I am glad that you mentioned Lord of the Rings. I've just finished collecting all of The History of Middle-earth volumes - that's going to be a massive shelf to read :D

Thanks, my taste can be a bit mainstream, as I'm not as big a consumer as I was. Don't envy you the task of digesting Lord of the Rings, it will leave you no time to game.

The only difference between you and me that I can see is that I've never had a chance to get into Star Trek - I kind of grew up with Star Wars. But I get along well with Trekkies too :p

I wouldn't say I am a Trekkie, as I never fell for Deep Space 9 (I am planning to give it a go again), nor have I embraced Enterprise or Discovery. But, the TNG movies I keep revisiting, and I relive an alternate universe of Voyager through fan-fiction. One where a relationship blooms between Captain Katheryn Janeway and the human Borg drone 7 of 9, also known as Annika Hansen. Some wonderful writers have really given me a lot of material to digest in that world, so it means quite a bit to me.

My list of sci-fi would also include the Doctor Who TV Series, and Douglas Adams' literature. They would fit most of the categories you mentioned, i.e. "creatures, monsters, big fantasy worlds and unusual societies and time travel". Not sure if you've heard of those, but if you haven't, they might be of interest to you.

Where in Norway do you live, by the way, if you don't mind me asking?

Ah, yes. Dr. Who. The never ending time traveler. Psyched about a female Dr. then? I have a friend whom watches it, and I have gleamed a bit when visiting him. But, I don't think it is for me. It feels a bit wonky.

I will disclose that I am a Trønder. Revealing location when you are a woman is usually a bad idea. *grins*

Excellent introduction... I have learnt some new things I did not know before Selena!
For example, didn't know you couldn't work due to illness... I hope you are ok!
Secondly, don't ever remember the mention of dogs... do you have any? If so names & breeds?

Lastly, I do think you should dust down the SWAT disk.... I mean, I got back into the game for 5 minutes and feel disappointed I ever left it!

Glad you are part of this community again, I always enjoyed your presence in the past.

Are you saing I wasn't a pain in the behind before? Cool. I'll own that then. *laughs*

Sick, yes. It's just CFS/ME. I take symptoms and pains as they come. Thankfully I am an annoyingly stubborn and selfish individual that enjoys being a lone wolf. So, this sickness thing, kicking my butt, FAILS! I am still gaming! *grins* It won't kill me, that I know of, just wear me down. I am OK.

Dogs? I grew up with German Shepherds. My sister is a co-owner of a retired police dog Tarzan at the moment, black shepherd mix. When my sister travels we tend to him. He's awesome, I wish he was over more often.

I want to own my own at one point, but I need to be settled and have support for it.
I tend to like herding dogs, and dogs that have upright ears, long noses and an intelligent spark in their eyes.

Still need some convincing on that SWAT4. I will take my time and think about it. I was pretty serious about SWAT, and if I get back in, I will be serious again. It takes focus and concentration. I'm not sure I can be as good as I was. And perhaps I want to keep my accomplishments a fond memory not to be spoiled. *grins*

I didnt knew you were in so many clans before, but your presence ingame was allways a mystery to me as you looked so educated, we didnt played much but we had some rounds..

Hi! Yeah, I had some years under my belt. DKS was my own clan that I ran for about 2 years on SWAT3, DBS I stayed with for a while and US*T was a longer stay, where I rose to Lieutenant General, probably because the clan was dying at that point and they needed active players at the top. I wasn't able to bring it back. BUT, I ROSE through the ranks and WORKED my butt off. Stuck through it... I tried my best.

I did a lot of tactical evaluations, and SWAT3 punished any mistake you did harshly, more so than SWAT4 ever did. I found tactics, trained people, demanded cohesive executions of tactics, found which mods worked, managed people and... Put my heart into it. By the time I landed in SOG, I was a bit worn out and didn't want to train others anymore... Though I was still vocal. SWAT3 and now SWAT4 was my social platform too. But SWAT4 lacked lobbies where you could chat and get to know folks, so the SOG forum was the next best thing. *smiles* I'm glad I found it and stayed with it as long as I did.

For Ready or Not, all i can say we have to wait!

And wait I shall. I'm actually very patient. *smirks*

I know that you posted once a Video or some information about a group called Pentatonix on the old forums, i had a look to it and felt in love with the great Music / cover versions they do, i really like acapella Music. If youre from Norway you may heard of "Aurora" if not get a look on yt :)

Best regards,
DefCon5

I posted so much back then that I have no recollection of Pentatonix. Haha, thank you for reminding me. Auroroa sounds familiar, I need to stop typing soon, though, and get some sleep.

Hello, Selena :) Nice to meet one more girl on this boys-mostly-forum ^^

Recon, *bows a bit* again we meet then. *stands up erect and looks into your eyes*

Not sure we had played together back days, hope to fix it soon.

I am unsure if we have played, yes. But I find it likely that we might have at one point or another. Oh well, I would like to watch your back in L4D2, I can manage decently in that world.

You did mention you were a part of US*T community before. It was the first community i'd joined. My Nickname was Os that time.
Don't remember tho if we met there. Were you a part of Blue Angels squad? Do you remember Zero and MP?
I am still in touch with Rod_Seal if you know him ^^

I remember the creation of the Blue Angels branch, which I was very much against. Simply because it branched the women away from the core of the clan, making it a pocket of people not with the core of US*T. It aggravated me quite a bit. *chuckles* We were so few that played SWAT that I felt it essential that we all meshed together. I never delved into the Blue Angels, that was MPierres baby, as I know women embrace every safe haven and harbor. It was a misstep by me, I feel. I should have gotten involved, but I am unsure at where I was at that point. I have a vague memory of MPierre trying to woo me back to US*T with it too. *shakes my head* So long ago it is hard to remember. I do have BurgerKing on Steam and MP on facebook I believe.

*ponders on the name "Os"... Honestly unsure. Zero was female, right? Man, so blurry.

Agree, i am always up for killing-zombie-parties :D

*checks around, grips the assault rifle next to me and tosses it to you, picks up my shotgun and puts shells in the feeding tube* Lets get a move on then. Take point, and I will do what I can while getting a feel of your play style.

Biodome
06-02-18, 12:58 AM
Thanks, I get that a bit. I try to shed the awful Norwegian butchering of English. Native speakers find it charming when you have a distinct sound to your English that firmly establishes you as a foreigner. I am less enthusiastic of such sounds, at least from my self.

I know what you mean - it's usually possible to tell with reasonable accuracy where a person comes from just by their use of spoken English. I wouldn't necessarily call it butchering, unless we are talking about broken grammar, but it's a kind of accent that is difficult to get rid of. I've always had that as an Eastern European, and while living in the UK helped me unlearn some habits, I still frequently catch myself talking the lazy way. I'd love if I could talk like a Scot, rather than the classic London English, but that's another layer of complexity :D

Thanks, my taste can be a bit mainstream, as I'm not as big a consumer as I was. Don't envy you the task of digesting Lord of the Rings, it will leave you no time to game.

Lord of the Rings is just a drop in the ocean at this point - I've read the books twice already. It's that 12-volume set of books that's gonna take a lifetime. But I'll manage to balance it with gaming, somehow :)

Ah, yes. Dr. Who. The never ending time traveler. Psyched about a female Dr. then? I have a friend whom watches it, and I have gleamed a bit when visiting him. But, I don't think it is for me. It feels a bit wonky.

The show has its ups and downs. Some episodes literally make you cry from beauty, while others make you just want to turn it off as soon as possible in disappointment. I wasn't too big of a fan of the writing in recent episodes. Maybe the new Doctor and a fresh crew is going to fix those issues, maybe not - I have no idea. I still haven't seen the Classic Who seasons, so I got that one as a fallback if things turn terribly wrong :D

I will disclose that I am a Trønder. Revealing location when you are a woman is usually a bad idea. *grins*

Yeah, I didn't want anything more than a general location. I can't say I envy you living so far north. The winter down here around Oslo has become pretty harsh, so I can't even imagine what horrors you must be going through :D

TimC
06-02-18, 01:30 AM
Welcome back Selena... I forgot about that story... maybe you should bring it back? ;)

Nicoleise
06-02-18, 10:49 AM
[...] your presence ingame was allways a mystery to me as you looked so educated [...]

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/315/963/294.jpg

Not sure if that's a burn on us. :D

Recon
06-02-18, 11:25 AM
I remember the creation of the Blue Angels branch, which I was very much against. Simply because it branched the women away from the core of the clan, making it a pocket of people not with the core of US*T. It aggravated me quite a bit. *chuckles* We were so few that played SWAT that I felt it essential that we all meshed together. I never delved into the Blue Angels, that was MPierres baby, as I know women embrace every safe haven and harbor. It was a misstep by me, I feel. I should have gotten involved, but I am unsure at where I was at that point. I have a vague memory of MPierre trying to woo me back to US*T with it too. *shakes my head* So long ago it is hard to remember. I do have BurgerKing on Steam and MP on facebook I believe.

*ponders on the name "Os"... Honestly unsure. Zero was female, right? Man, so blurry.

I always thought BA was an idea of Zero (She was very close to MP that time) and became a leader of BA. Tho she also was often annoyed with jokes about BA from boys' side (i personally never took those jokes seriously).

After a while Zero and MP separated from US*T bringing part of the people (i was in that part as well) to the new community Demons and Angels (DnA). BurgerKind had stayed in US*T if i remember that correctly.
And i believe you also stayed in US*T.

Well, i personally have very good feeling about US*T, they taught how to play Swat and oh good my English was so terrible that time (i don't say it okay now :p), wondering how they could stand it :D

Recon
06-02-18, 11:39 AM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/315/963/294.jpg

yep, feeling some undercover meaning :p

Selena
06-02-18, 12:49 PM
I know what you mean - it's usually possible to tell with reasonable accuracy where a person comes from just by their use of spoken English. I wouldn't necessarily call it butchering, unless we are talking about broken grammar, but it's a kind of accent that is difficult to get rid of. I've always had that as an Eastern European, and while living in the UK helped me unlearn some habits, I still frequently catch myself talking the lazy way. I'd love if I could talk like a Scot, rather than the classic London English, but that's another layer of complexity :D

Sean Connery style? All you have to do is sit down with some movies and copy it over and over. I tend to mimick the English in the area I'm at. I have an American style to my speech now, and I'm happy with that.

It's that 12-volume set of books that's gonna take a lifetime. But I'll manage to balance it with gaming, somehow :)

At least you have something to keep you occupied. I'll stay with my fan-fiction.

The show has its ups and downs. Some episodes literally make you cry from beauty, while others make you just want to turn it off as soon as possible in disappointment. I wasn't too big of a fan of the writing in recent episodes. Maybe the new Doctor and a fresh crew is going to fix those issues, maybe not - I have no idea. I still haven't seen the Classic Who seasons, so I got that one as a fallback if things turn terribly wrong :D

The writers do make all the difference, don't they? I guess it is like any other show, the quality varies. One show that has a very high quality episodes is a show called The Good Wife (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1442462/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_5). I saw all 7 seasons and I couldn't really name one episode that was BAD. Sure, there were a few more boring ones than others, but no more than 10 episodes out of 7 seasons. The lead actress Julianna Marguiles (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000523/) does a fantastic job.

I can't say I envy you living so far north. The winter down here around Oslo has become pretty harsh, so I can't even imagine what horrors you must be going through :D

It works out alright. I'm not sure the cold helps on my health, but the snow does make the darker months of the year, a bit brighter. I am a bit fond of the cruder culture the further north you go. More cussing and such. *smirks* And the humor is more my style too, not so bland and uptight.

Welcome back Selena... I forgot about that story... maybe you should bring it back? ;)

Oh, gosh. In my head it is a pretty big tale... And I've only written pieces of it. But, "Phoenix" as I called it, is a supernatural romance/drama tale.

DON'T READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT IT ALL SPOILED! This story which will never be completed.

Valery is a young woman whom attends university. To earn some money while studying she doubles as a security guard on campus. This way she runs into a "night owl". *smiles* A person living on campus grounds, whom breaks into the very old and comprehensive library at night, yet studies a bit in the day. It takes some investigating before she figures out who it is. The night owl, is a vampire, though not in its traditional sense. In my story, every infected character changes, but not always in the same way due to their chemical make-up. Belladonna, mysterious, powerful, has vampiric traits and thus I call her a vampire. They fall for each other, and a romance ensues, as well as a parallel tale of Belladonna. She is very old, and a bit haunted by her past thus you see flashbacks which tells of another time. But all is not well. Our young security guard is actually dying, and finds this out later through her doctor. When it is revealed to Belladonna, she is distraught for several reasons... She is reliving a painful past. One that got her outcast due to her reckless actions. She pleads with her lover to accept what she can offer, a way to keep living... But it is rejected. Valery doesn't want to live forever, even if it is the most scary thing to die.

Belladonna ends up accepting her choice, and lets her die in peace.

In her watchers eyes, she has redeemed her past actions, where she went against her mentors and infected her dying lover, leading to a massacre and the death of an alliance and eviction from a safe haven. A change is not easy, the body goes through so much, and not all individuals survive the change. You need to be prepared for the event, the phoenix rising, and have the means to control the situation. Changing a seriously wounded, even worse, a dying person is risky. She learned the hard way, as her past lover broke free and tore into the locals, killing aimlessly. She had to be stopped, permanently as the change had gone terribly wrong. Belladonna was outcast for her actions, and lived several lifetimes without the support of her kin. At one point she started researching old texts to see if she could find her way back into the fold somehow.

And she is... While grieving her recently passed girlfriend... Reunited with a ghost from her past. Her changed lover from the past was not put down by the order, when they had tracked her down and was ready to kill her, whatever way was possible... To their surprise, she was so powerful already and had managed to fight their attacks, and through the change on her own. They decided to let her go on with her life, and brought her into the order for guidance, and to bolster themselves with another powerful individual, now that so much had been lost already.

OK, so the story is fleshed out more, and needs A LOT of work. But Selena the Arctic Wolf, Selena Bloodaxe, is a member of the order as well. From the Nordic part of the world, she's a fierce fighter and shapeshifter. She is rumored to be ruthless and keeps that image alive. She would be a character in the sequel... Which would be set in Belladonna's past. Helena is Belladonna's name by birth. Belladonna she picked up as a nickname in Italy when she was captured. But, that would maybe be the third story? *laughs*

It is my original story, but it is not so much about the supernatural, as it is about the human part that remains. There is a tear among the supernaturals, those whom wants a close tie to the human world, and those whom don't care much about where they came from and what benefits can be gleamed. They just want to further themselves. There was a battle, but a very powerful individual formed the order. The organised part whom wanted to live with humans, not against them. His skin was blueish and his powers otherworldly, even to his own kin. He ruled wisely and managed to form a peace with powerful kin, and establish havens alongside powerful human leaders around the world. Destroying any part of this work would be harshly punished. Being outcast is a pretty mild consequence, though when all whom you relied upon turn their backs on you, it is a very hard lesson. Not everyone treated Helena as an outcast, Selena among them, yet it never lasted. To be without a mentor, to be without your kin... It was lonely, yet she never broke completely.

*smiles* I like my tale. I might revisit this post and rewrite it so that it is more cohesive and easier to read and understand. The tale that lives in my head is hard to put on paper. I'm not that good of a writer after all.

Anyways... Yeah, I don't think I will post the fragmented parts of the tale I have so far. A lot of sex and death in it, and that is against the rules now. Adult tales for adult people, you know. *laughs*

HAHA! I didn't even think of it that way, but now that you mention it. *laughs*

Selena
06-02-18, 12:56 PM
I always thought BA was an idea of Zero (She was very close to MP that time) and became a leader of BA. Tho she also was often annoyed with jokes about BA from boys' side (i personally never took those jokes seriously).

After a while Zero and MP separated from US*T bringing part of the people (i was in that part as well) to the new community Demons and Angels (DnA). BurgerKind had stayed in US*T if i remember that correctly.
And i believe you also stayed in US*T.

Well, i personally have very good feeling about US*T, they taught how to play Swat and oh good my English was so terrible that time (i don't say it okay now :p), wondering how they could stand it :D

It might have been Zero's idea, but MP was the general ranked member whom would be the authorizing part of it, and whom would be the one I would talk to. From what I remember I never knew Zero... Not sure why. I never got close to her at all.

I have a lot of fond memories of US*T, I am just sad I could not do more to maintain it. I failed in delegating and trusting the dedication of the other members. Also I was so hardcore in co-op that I neglected the versus part which people are so fond of. I blame myself, not US*T in any way.

Maybe DnA is what MP was trying to tempt me with. *laughs* That makes sense. There were some SWAT guys who just tore into women who played SWAT. I was bullied by a guy for years on SWAT3 because he was convinced I was a guy (to be fair I did flirt with all the women). But eventually he heard me on TeamSpeak and was stunned I was actually a chick. I hated his guts for what he put me through. I am not the forgive and forget type of person. *smirks*

Burgerking was one of the oldest members of US*T, and I don't believe anything could make him leave. Unfortunately his presence was lacking, and thus he couldn't have a firm managing role. He is a great guy, just busy.

Your English seems fine to me. Not any more errors than lazy native speakers would have. *chuckles* I also come from a terrible English background.
I have looked at my old school work and, it was seriously bad. Even when I was playing SWAT3 I was not that good. Now I've had a few years to hone my skill. I understand the way of progression perfectly. No worries.

223Games
06-02-18, 01:27 PM
i do remember your (old) name but thanx for this great intro! welcome back!

Biodome
06-02-18, 01:41 PM
Sean Connery style?

More like Paul Higgins:
n0Gfex1tgDo

Or Peter Capaldi:
(Warning - massive amounts of cussing)
AjikN4B95dk

I find that kind of pronunciation very satisfying :D

I have an American style to my speech now, and I'm happy with that.

What sort of American are you aiming for? They have some really nice dialects too!

Selena
07-02-18, 09:07 PM
Peter Capaldi:
(Warning - massive amounts of cussing)
AjikN4B95dk

I find that kind of pronunciation very satisfying :D

What sort of American are you aiming for? They have some really nice dialects too!

That is a lot of cussing. I'm impressed, though he doesn't seem much in control of his anger at all.

I don't think I have a certain aim. Most American's I speak to say that they can't place my dialect, and that's probably because I've absorbed so much from TV that it has no clear cut form to it. I never studied American speech, I just adapted to it. I'm no southern belle though, that's for sure.

Biodome
07-02-18, 09:39 PM
That is a lot of cussing. I'm impressed, though he doesn't seem much in control of his anger at all.

Yep, he completely goes overboard there :D It's most of where the comedy comes from. If you enjoy this sort of stuff, those clips are from a film (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1226774/) that's a spin-off of The Thick of It (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0459159/), a BBC satirical show on the UK government.

O'Neill
08-02-18, 12:06 PM
I've heard Selena speak in the past and she does speak English very well. As for her American accent, I'm not sure which region it is. West coast maybe? [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Selena
08-02-18, 03:36 PM
I certainly have no clue. *laughs* Probably a mix and mismatch. I'm good with that though. As long as people generally understand me. =)

Selena
09-02-18, 04:25 PM
i do remember your (old) name but thanx for this great intro! welcome back!

Thank you, same to you. I guess we are all back from the void.