PDA

View Full Version : Inactivity Timer

Nicoleise
29-01-18, 10:49 AM
Hey

I'd like to complain, that after eight years of downtime, I have to log in with my username and password. When I last logged in, I enabled the option "Remember Me", and I would have expected it to work. :p

Jokes aside; the log-user-off-automatically timer is too low, I think - it logs me off due to the "inactivity" between clicking create a new thread and submitting that thread. I realize I'm slow and that I write stupidly long posts - but I'd still love for the timer to be increased significantly, as this isn't really online banking anyways. :)

//Nico

Matt
29-01-18, 01:00 PM
LOL....good to have you back mate.

I will sort it. Did the same to me earlier, so frustrating.

Will post back when sorted

Matt
29-01-18, 02:47 PM
Now timeout doubled

Recon
30-01-18, 11:41 AM
Hey

I'd like to complain, that after eight years of downtime, I have to log in with my username and password. When I last logged in, I enabled the option "Remember Me", and I would have expected it to work. :p

Jokes aside; the log-user-off-automatically timer is too low, I think - it logs me off due to the "inactivity" between clicking create a new thread and submitting that thread. I realize I'm slow and that I write stupidly long posts - but I'd still love for the timer to be increased significantly, as this isn't really online banking anyways. :)

//Nico

Nah, i am pretty sure you talk longer than you write :D

Ninwes
30-01-18, 12:52 PM

Don't jinx him, i once saw a post of him that almost at the end of teh character limit :p

Bravo
30-01-18, 02:05 PM
I could also connect with my old nick and password, however mail address box was crushed long time ago ! :) Good I'm not so old and I still remember my old fashioned nick :) I think Bravo is always added to SOG and every know me from that nick :)

Defeater
30-01-18, 07:17 PM

I can confirm this. He once decided it was a good idea to write and entire parody about how a program got categories and how that made it easier to sort things out. An. Entire. Song....

p.s. he did sing while typing it..

Recon
31-01-18, 10:53 AM
I can confirm this. He once decided it was a good idea to write and entire parody about how a program got categories and how that made it easier to sort things out. An. Entire. Song....

I'd repeat that his girlfriend is really brave girl, but afraid Nico would finally get mad with me, so i will just stay quiet :)

Freeezer
31-01-18, 10:59 AM
Type faster :p .... No need for longer inactivity timer :D

Matt
31-01-18, 12:26 PM
Type faster [emoji14] .... No need for longer inactivity timer :DHahaha funny but I guess true? [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Nicoleise
31-01-18, 04:34 PM

Why, I would NEVER...!?

Oh, say can't you see?
This improvement is great
Now you can author long posts
Without being signed out

By the dawns early rays
You can start on your post
And if it takes you all day
You'll be logged out anyway

sneaks along

Biodome
31-01-18, 05:17 PM
O these threads shall not fail
To the timer's wrong might,
They will proudly be hailed,
For as long as we write.

And the limits shall cease,
We won't let them deprave
The great speeches of the free,
And long posts of the brave!

Nicoleise
31-01-18, 05:18 PM
Look! I found a friend! :D :D

Ninwes
31-01-18, 05:27 PM
Goes to ACP...

Lower Character limit (users nicoleise and Biodome)

Biodome
31-01-18, 05:32 PM
Goes to ACP...

Lower Character limit (users nicoleise and Biodome)

And thus began the |SOG| Civil War for the abolishment of post limits and auto-logoff timers..

Recon
01-02-18, 05:07 PM
@Nico and Biodome, you defenelty need to write books as co-authors :)

Biodome
01-02-18, 11:15 PM
@Nico and Biodome, you defenelty need to write books as co-authors :)

Already available at a bookstore near you (provided that the store is large enough, of course)

https://preview.ibb.co/bE1F16/Book.png