PDA

View Full Version : [Swat 4] How to SWAT

Spec
30-01-18, 08:26 AM
Way back in the day I wrote this. Just remembered and thought I'd share, for auld lang syne.

It's a guide on how to play SWAT 4 Co-Op in a very specific, police-sim kind of way. It goes into great depth in regards to tactics, cover sector, room clearing procedures, including flowcharts and all that jazz.

I don't know if it's of any use for anyone, but I know I put in more effort than in any way justifiable, so here goes:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q5nZn0lAkypJnOO4FefNfuY_tQEAJ41mMZMNenliA5Q/edit?usp=sharing

Matt
30-01-18, 08:27 AM
Way back in the day I wrote this. Just remembered and thought I'd share, for auld lang syne.

It's a guide on how to play SWAT 4 Co-Op in a very specific, police-sim kind of way. It goes into great depth in regards to tactics, cover sector, room clearing procedures, including flowcharts and all that jazz.

I don't know if it's of any use for anyone, but I know I put in more effort than in any way justifiable, so here goes:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q5nZn0lAkypJnOO4FefNfuY_tQEAJ41mMZMNenliA5Q/edit?usp=sharing

Excellent stuff mate, I remember this well.

Definetly worth the share! Thank you

Bravo
30-01-18, 08:30 AM
Very good idea Mate. In some way people probably forget Peppers school teaching :)

Spec
30-01-18, 08:54 AM
I even have a custom built, giant SWAT 4 map of a training facility specifically designed to teach these principles lying around

Tyrope
30-01-18, 09:18 AM
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? This exists still?! Damn Spec, this is like, tTP training material. :D
And worry not, said giant map is also stored on my side, somewhere.
Assuming, of course, you mean Project Yellow Line.

Spec
30-01-18, 10:00 AM
There have been several Project Yellow Lines. The last one had a huge building with an outdoor area, mockup buildings, training rooms, a staff room, I even designed the lockers in the dressing room to include the favorite equipment of everyone who played with me.

I thiiiink you have that one, or at least you have a locker.

Recon
30-01-18, 11:45 AM
Oh so much of work ! It shouldn't be wasted ^^

Spec
01-02-18, 10:02 AM
Well, I'll gladly organize training sessions for PolSim style play. if we ever need them. Right now I see very little demand.

Nicoleise
01-02-18, 10:36 AM
...because we're so damn pro, or because we will never learn? ;) :D

Spec
01-02-18, 11:35 AM
I think we all have already developed a playstyle and/or aren't playing SWAT4 anymore ;)
Unless we really revive the game and recruit people, ofc!

SpyInBlack
01-02-18, 12:02 PM
Im pretty after a round or two we will get back into it. Years of hardcore tatical gaming doesnt die off easy. :D

SAS_Random
19-05-18, 05:18 AM
64 pages. I'll have to read this a bit at a time. I did some quick skimming through, and it seems like solid stuff.