PDA

View Full Version : Server Ranks Display

Matt
03-03-18, 11:24 AM
Hi all,

I am pleased to announce server ranks.

For registered users (community members) and our members that play in our servers, you will now see a little image in the post info area underneath your name.

Also visible on the roster for our members; MEMBERS PAGE (http://www.sog-team.co.uk/forum/showroster.php)

This image is specific to you, and gives you your SWAT rank based on experience (time played in our servers).

This is thanks to our AdminBot (Jessica), who stores all your info when on our servers. She is programmed to then display your total gaming time from |SOG| servers and calculate your SWAT team rank. Also considered is your deaths/kills ratio to time played. This means these ranks also consider how many times you were incapacitated in coop and were killed or killed others in other game modes!

The ranks are as follows and mirror the SWAT teams in real life.

Police Officer (No extra tag)
Police Lead Officer (Ld)
Police Sergeant (Sgt)
Police Lieutenant (Lt)
Police Captain (Cpt)
Police Commander (Com)
Police Deputy Chief (DCOP)
Chief of Police (COP)

The image display will also display the total time you have spent in our servers, which promotes your rank based on the higher experience, or time spent in our servers.

You are welcome to sport your gaming rank in servers like the following:

|SOG|Matt or |SOG|Matt(Sgt)

I hope you like the new addition, and lets get gaming!!!!!!

Matt

Matt
03-03-18, 11:27 AM
Please note, members ranks are online.

Community members ranks will not display until this evening until the bot calculates the data.

DON'T WORRY!!!!

For the last week+. all players total gaming time has been stored and will display later tonight for community members.

sander
03-03-18, 04:18 PM
nice work mate Now just working out a way for jess to pickup my external ip so she will like me :p

Matt
03-03-18, 04:27 PM
nice work mate Now just working out a way for jess to pickup my external ip so she will like me :pDone, will update stats for you in about half hour when she runs the info (she updates everyone's info every 3hrs)

I've added you to the db under the private ip so all should work ok

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

sander
03-03-18, 04:38 PM
Done, will update stats for you in about half hour when she runs the info (she updates everyone's info every 3hrs)

I've added you to the db under the private ip so all should work ok

won't it auto update when i access the site?

Matt
03-03-18, 04:39 PM
won't it auto update when i access the site?Should be ok now, I've excluded your ip from updates

sander
03-03-18, 04:42 PM
Should be ok now, I've excluded your ip from updates

nice thx i was already looking in to vlan's here on my switch to route my pc to my parent's company location :p this is better.

KeeRIeS
03-03-18, 06:37 PM
Nice feature! I got the higher rank here now I think 😎

Tyrope
03-03-18, 07:09 PM
(COP) seems a tad weird, out of context... Perhaps D.Chf and Chf would be better?
Or for the Police Deputy Chief, PDC could work.

KeeRIeS
03-03-18, 07:29 PM
How many hours played are needed for all those ranks?

Matt
03-03-18, 10:07 PM
How many hours played are needed for all those ranks?

Pretty much as follows;

Chief - over 100hrs
Deputy Chief - 80hrs
Commander - 40hrs
Captain - 20hrs
Lieutenant - 15hrs
Sergeant - 10hrs
Lead Officer - 5hrs

TimC
03-03-18, 10:15 PM
Nice addition Matt. :)

Matt
05-03-18, 08:56 PM
The rank display has now also been added to the user profile pages. This allows for more visibility for our site members also

Bravo
06-03-18, 08:33 AM
If you want to know my opinion I think detective sounds weared as a rank for the SWAT Unit cause this is the Criminal investigation Unit specialization !

Orion
06-03-18, 09:51 AM
There are lot of things that are not from swat unit. But this is just game and everyone coming here to have fun. Now go and grind your hours boys! ))

Matt
06-03-18, 01:53 PM
If you want to know my opinion I think detective sounds weared as a rank for the SWAT Unit cause this is the Criminal investigation Unit specialization !Indeed mate, agree. I'm looking to change it but funnily enough it is actually a rank in the swat team us.... Different department to the game though I'd guess

Matt
07-03-18, 09:50 AM
If you want to know my opinion I think detective sounds weared as a rank for the SWAT Unit cause this is the Criminal investigation Unit specialization !

Changed...

Detective is now Lead Officer (Ld)

Bravo
07-03-18, 12:28 PM
Changed...

Detective is now Lead Officer (Ld)

Now those ranks looks more reasonable. We can't forget SOG working like SWAT, so it must be a little bit much simillar to that Unit !

Iron Tarkus
30-04-18, 09:18 PM
Sorry to resurrect this, but I remember a fleeting note among the server messages that tell you how you can avoid your name being "upgraded" to your rank.

As much as I love Jessica, I don't really want her to spam the chat regarding my current rank. How do I make her stop that?

Thanks in advance!

Matt
30-04-18, 09:19 PM
Sorry to resurrect this, but I remember a fleeting note among the server messages that tell you how you can avoid your name being "upgraded" to your rank.

As much as I love Jessica, I don't really want her to spam the chat regarding my current rank. How do I make her stop that?

Thanks in advance!You need to go into your account at site, then look for the option server display in the settings.

Change this to disable. Done

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Iron Tarkus
30-04-18, 09:25 PM
You need to go into your account at site, then look for the option server display in the settings.

Change this to disable. Done

Got it, thanks alot Matt!

Also, nice SM-G950F you're wielding. :eyebrows:

SAS_Random
21-05-18, 05:08 AM
OK. I just crossed from 99 hrs 46 minutes over the 100 hr mark about an hour ago. Now I go back in and someone has removed 10 hours of experience from my account while leaving all the other top 5 accounts alone. Is this a conspiracy? Why were my hours removed? Please advise. Thank you.

Matt
21-05-18, 05:55 AM
OK. I just crossed from 99 hrs 46 minutes over the 100 hr mark about an hour ago. Now I go back in and someone has removed 10 hours of experience from my account while leaving all the other top 5 accounts alone. Is this a conspiracy? Why were my hours removed? Please advise. Thank you.Don't have a clue. It's totally automated. No possibility of anyone editing hours apart from Jessica. No one has access to do that.

I'll look into logs and manually calculate it to check what's going on.

SAS_Random
21-05-18, 02:16 PM
I wouldn't be complaining if it wasn't 10 hrs. That's a lot of time to remove. For the last two days you can see in the server admin logs that my name has 95, 98, 99 hours and my name is listed above players with 93, and 95 hrs. Then, the moment I cross 100.....oops....now you are at 91. That's a big change.

Matt
21-05-18, 09:02 PM
I wouldn't be complaining if it wasn't 10 hrs. That's a lot of time to remove. For the last two days you can see in the server admin logs that my name has 95, 98, 99 hours and my name is listed above players with 93, and 95 hrs. Then, the moment I cross 100.....oops....now you are at 91. That's a big change.

Well, just checked your profile here at site and it states you have 100hrs??? Last seen 15hrs ago which would mean you have not gamed since posting above. Therefore.. hate to say it but I think you may be going mad? :p

Jokes aside, I need to confirm again there is no way ANYONE at the site can change the statistics apart from me. However, even saying that, I have to do this via our database backend on the server hosting.

Therefore my conclusion is you have either read it wrong, or there is a bug in the system. However, if it was the latter, I doubt it as the code was changed a few months ago when a bug was actually found. The fix made was a simple counter instead of a complex calculation.... keep me posted and take screenshots next time please.... it is far easier to diagnose.

We have no interest or gain in manipulating statistics... there is not a magic gold prize on offer you know ;)

SAS_Random
22-05-18, 03:38 AM
It's back over 100 now, and I didn't play 11 hrs today, so there is something going on with the counter that may require follow up--only in the most basic sense that, if it's not accurate, then why have it at all?

Deki told me there was a plastic trophy, so now I'm disappointed (j/k). I thought I was going to earn some nice |SOG| bling package.

I assure you the site and servers were both at 91 hrs and now they are both over 101 hrs. I played most of my time today on SEF North America and SEF EU with Columbo.

At any rate, it seems to be sorted.

Jessica...I'm watching you!!!

Matt
22-05-18, 06:30 AM
Must be a bug then. I need further info to fix and screenshots prove helpful. Keep me posted

SAS_Random
22-05-18, 12:50 PM
Pretty much as follows;

Chief - over 100hrs
Deputy Chief - 80hrs
Commander - 40hrs
Captain - 20hrs
Lieutenant - 15hrs
Sergeant - 10hrs
Lead Officer - 5hrs

Has this been changed to a higher total number of hours required? It does not seem to recognize Chief rank for those over 100. Deki still owes me a plastic trophy.

Matt
22-05-18, 04:40 PM
Has this been changed to a higher total number of hours required? It does not seem to recognize Chief rank for those over 100. Deki still owes me a plastic trophy.Yes it has sorry. I will update the post.