Games Discuss anything relating to games

Old 14-03-18, 12:38 PM   #1
SAS_Random
Community Member

SAS_Random's community rank display

Total Donations: £0

SAS_Random is from Boston, United States SAS_Random is Male
Default Tactics that make you go, "Hmmmm"

Door sitting/body wedging/ door blocking, etc...

Soooooooo unrealistic. What do you suppose any non AI suspect would do about a door that is being held by an officer's ass? He would pump said ass full of lead.

This "tool" is an LTL player's compensation to not wanting to shoot any suspects. Don't be lazy. If you anticipate needing wedges, then equip your team with enough of them. Otherwise, be a true operator and cover the door with your weapon from a safe angle and distance. If a suspect enters unannounced, issue compliance then let the bodies fall where they may.

If you want to preserve life when possible, assign two officers to cover the door. One will be crouched and have LTL; the other will have lethal and be standing behind him. Again, be sure you are set up at a safe angle and distance to employ whatever LTL option you possess.

Does anyone else see tactics being employed that drives them bat-sh|t crazy?

Discuss.
SAS_Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-18, 05:20 PM   #2
Columbo
Community Member
Community Sponsor

Columbo's community rank display

Total Donations: £5 (26/29)

Columbo is from Berlin, Germany Columbo is Male

Hey Random,
the door blocking is not only common among less-lethal players i would say. People tend to do it, simply because its working. I agree its unrealistic - as are doors, opening in two directions...

Most annoying tactic for me:

Excessive use of Opti device.

Just get this pic: There are 5-6 well equiped officers. Maybe with less-lethal or lethal guns, doesn't matter. And one guy is sitting there one minute staring in the room with the mirror - on every single door. I mean why? You probably have 1-2 bangs or gas for every room on the map.

Opti use at neuralgic spots is okay for me. But please not on each and every door! Or maybe even multiple times at the same door! Please no.

Greetings

Last edited by Columbo; 14-03-18 at 05:25 PM.
Columbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-18, 09:39 PM   #3
Matt
Community Founder
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Matt's community rank display

Total Donations: £299 (2/29)

Matt is a top donator with the Gold medal

Matt is from Rugby, United Kingdom Matt is Male

Nice thread.... good for a rant

Door one is a big one for me, although I do also take advantage of the game flaw sometimes! (I know but I blame the game)

The other one I hate is shouting "Police get down now!" several times throughout the mission, having the flashlight on, running etc when quite simply in some situations, this would cause a mass suspect panic.... and then shootout.

Therefore, I get really frustrated when the element of surprise is ruined by idiotic noise!!!!

|SOG|Matt
Group Founder
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-18, 10:01 PM   #4
Biodome
Group Inactive Member
Community Sponsor

Biodome's community rank display

Total Donations: £25 (15/29)

Biodome is from Oslo, Norway Biodome is Male

Luring suspects out of a room by firing a shot. They just casually walk out to investigate as if they heard a cat meowing or something. IRL you would alarm the whole place, and likely get killed hostages.

Another thing, though not player related, is that you are penalized for shooting runners. If an armed suspect sees the SWAT team, and then proceeds to run away to another room, it should be assumed that he wants to alert other suspects and/or get a hostage, which justifies immediate incapacitation before he gets to do any of that.
Biodome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-18, 02:09 AM   #5
SAS_Random
Community Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biodome View Post
Luring suspects out of a room by firing a shot. They just casually walk out to investigate as if they heard a cat meowing or something. IRL you would alarm the whole place, and likely get killed hostages.

Another thing, though not player related, is that you are penalized for shooting runners. If an armed suspect sees the SWAT team, and then proceeds to run away to another room, it should be assumed that he wants to alert other suspects and/or get a hostage, which justifies immediate incapacitation before he gets to do any of that.
I agree with all of that.
Old 16-03-18, 10:16 AM   #6
SAS_Random
Community Member

Gassing every room is a tactic that drives me nuts. This works on most maps. Drop a gas in the room then at about 5 seconds deploy a flash and go in. One player has launcher with extra cs, the rest have wedges and bangs. Any map can be 100 with two players. One takes cs launcher, other takes bang launcher. Why bother playing the game? Easy 100 as long as you don't do something stupid.

Entering a room running with taser or pepper spray. Foolish. It works in the game, but is no fun to watch. I think to myself, "go play barricaded or vip if you want to do that. I don't like team v team modes because these oddball moves are highly successful. These people would never take risks like this if there was no respawn.

Last edited by Ninwes; 16-03-18 at 10:30 AM.
Old 16-03-18, 10:37 AM   #7
Selena
Community Member

Selena's community rank display

Selena is from Norway Selena is Female

I use the opti several times on most doors. Why not? If you could do take-downs on suspects or not be penalized when shooting hostiles that are a threat, I'd be more open to not mirroring all the time. You can also criticize the use of a gas grenade launcher. But I would like to see Columbo and SAS_Random do Chang's Theater in SWAT3 without good use of both gas and mirrors and still get a 100. *claps my hand* Go get it boys. *smiles*

But this comes down to not roleplaying the maps. People KNOW the layout of the rooms and what suspects the rooms contain... Hence you can avoid using your tools. That is not the way I play though. Even if I know there is no suspect, I treat every room as an unknown.
*shrugs*
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-18, 10:48 AM   #8
Ninwes
Community Manager
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Ninwes's community rank display

Total Donations: £225 (4/29)

Ninwes is a top donator with the Silver medal

Ninwes is from Europe Ninwes is Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena View Post
I use the opti several times on most doors. Why not? If you could do take-downs on suspects or not be penalized when shooting hostiles that are a threat, I'd be more open to not mirroring all the time. You can also criticize the use of a gas grenade launcher. But I would like to see Columbo and SAS_Random do Chang's Theater in SWAT3 without good use of both gas and mirrors and still get a 100. *claps my hand* Go get it boys. *smiles*

But this comes down to not roleplaying the maps. People KNOW the layout of the rooms and what suspects the rooms contain... Hence you can avoid using your tools. That is not the way I play though. Even if I know there is no suspect, I treat every room as an unknown.
*shrugs*
I Agree,

People who know the layout of the maps and all the suspect know what to do before they open a door to a room, so they also ussually criticise people who want to mirror first, or don't want to get shot in the back so they use wedges.

Swat is old game allot of old veterans from before know each and every layout, but i ussually start a map like it's new, guess even as old as the game is there are still newcomers comming in the game, so if i just order a cs or flash in there the newcomers ussualy dont know what behinds the door and just start shooting or when the gass goes away get shot as he don't know how it was inside.

If i mirror first or order it and then tell the other persons what is in the room then even someone playing the game the first time knows whats behind the door.

The tools are there to use by the team to use respectively.

try to play a new custom map with moving suspects that start everytime different, you can be sure i will mirror every door twice if i must.
Ninwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-18, 02:40 PM   #9
Columbo
Community Member
Community Sponsor

Columbo's community rank display

Total Donations: £5 (26/29)

Columbo is from Berlin, Germany Columbo is Male

That argument is really weak. Roleplay or not... you know these maps by heart, even if you pretend they are "new" to you.
And when mirroring you never see the room completely. You too make use of map layouts and sus positions, then deciding not to use grenades when suspects are not in their "expected" positions! Think about that.

@Selena: im sure with a squad of experienced human officers it is also possibe to do full score on SWAT3. Besides the Less-Lethal weapons are way more realistic in that game!
Old 16-03-18, 04:59 PM   #10
Ninwes
Community Manager
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Ninwes's community rank display

Total Donations: £225 (4/29)

Ninwes is a top donator with the Silver medal

Ninwes is from Europe Ninwes is Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
That argument is really weak. Roleplay or not... you know these maps by heart, even if you pretend they are "new" to you.
And when mirroring you never see the room completely. You too make use of map layouts and sus positions, then deciding not to use grenades when suspects are not in their "expected" positions! Think about that.

@Selena: im sure with a squad of experienced human officers it is also possibe to do full score on SWAT3. Besides the Less-Lethal weapons are way more realistic in that game!
@Columbo you misunderstood.

I meant i play it like new, meaning they ask to mirror and i mirror and tell them the exact positions that i can see in the mirror and say also there is a blind corner and not just say behind that door theres a blind corner that 90% have a suspect there without mirroring

Just because i might know where the sus are, doesn't mean i don't need to play the game anymore like you need with tools.
Ninwes is offline   Reply With Quote