Go Back   Special Operations Group > Forum HQ > Knowledge Base > Server AdminBot

Notices

Server AdminBot Information, news, feedback and updates in regards to the AdminBot (Jessica)

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-18, 01:36 AM   #51
SAS_Random
Community Member

SAS_Random's community rank display

Total Donations: £0

SAS_Random is from Boston, United States SAS_Random is Male

An incapacitated suspect is down but not dead. Neutralized is dead/killed. I wanted to know if your stats worked properly. Incapacitated suspects are actually arrested--even if we can't cuff them. I just wonder how the stat tracker sorts them.
Old 08-07-18, 12:59 PM   #52
Matt
Community Founder
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Matt's community rank display

Total Donations: £299 (2/29)

Matt is a top donator with the Gold medal

Matt is from Rugby, United Kingdom Matt is Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS_Random View Post
An incapacitated suspect is down but not dead. Neutralized is dead/killed. I wanted to know if your stats worked properly. Incapacitated suspects are actually arrested--even if we can't cuff them. I just wonder how the stat tracker sorts them.
Good point there and didn't think of that. Now changed to naturalized kills only

The injuring civs is online again after it has been tested. One point is issued for every occurrence. I can confirm that less lethal shotgun hits are excluded. Punching civs however does count.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

|SOG|Matt
Group Founder
Old 09-07-18, 02:24 AM   #53
SAS_Random
Community Member

Check the math on Dexter's arrest total. If he played only 14 hrs, there is no way he has encountered that many suspects to arrest. He would have his handcuffs out and be using them the entire time he's in the server ;-)

Also, I'm looking for my trophy for being the first to hit 100 penalties. I would like to thank all the people who stand behind me and and use their beanbags and pepper balls between my first shot and my follow up shot. Also, I'd like to thank Jessica for not allowing me to melee non compliant civilians. This is good for at least two penalties every round I play, so I'll be up to 200 penalties in about half the time it took me to get to 100. I was always an overachiever.

Last edited by SAS_Random; 09-07-18 at 02:35 AM.
Old 09-07-18, 06:17 AM   #54
Matt
Community Founder
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS_Random View Post
Check the math on Dexter's arrest total. If he played only 14 hrs, there is no way he has encountered that many suspects to arrest. He would have his handcuffs out and be using them the entire time he's in the server ;-)

Also, I'm looking for my trophy for being the first to hit 100 penalties. I would like to thank all the people who stand behind me and and use their beanbags and pepper balls between my first shot and my follow up shot. Also, I'd like to thank Jessica for not allowing me to melee non compliant civilians. This is good for at least two penalties every round I play, so I'll be up to 200 penalties in about half the time it took me to get to 100. I was always an overachiever.
Arrests include civilians

Oh and the injuring civs is only active in our Pro servers.... at current that is none. Once the tournament is finished, we will convert our other servers as mentioned before. This will be then when our pro servers include this check.

|SOG|Matt
Group Founder
Old 09-07-18, 09:38 AM   #55
Orion
Community Member
Former |SOG| Member
Community Sponsor

Orion's community rank display

Total Donations: £25 (15/29)

Orion is from Maardu, Estonia Orion is Male

So there was still no clear answer on why punching is against rules and shooting with beanbags without warning is allowed. Maybe some one explain the logic behind it? Seems like i do not understand such move

Also thinking about arrest system in coop game. I have fear that some people might show us their egoism and would more likely arrest then cover teammates

Last edited by Orion; 09-07-18 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-07-18, 10:41 AM   #56
SAS_Random
Community Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
So there was still no clear answer on why punching is against rules and shooting with beanbags without warning is allowed. Maybe some one explain the logic...I have fear that some people might show us their egoism and would more likely arrest then cover teammates
I often feel that I am not being covered and that other players avoid shooting suspects just to avoid penalties. Even in a team, we seem to find ourselves alone.Some players are never up front and don't have to make the tough choices.

I don't expect there is a way to fix this. It's just unfortunate.
Old 09-07-18, 01:32 PM   #57
Orion
Community Member
Former |SOG| Member
Community Sponsor

If I could I would made VOIP must have as a rule in PRO servers. That will eliminate such behaviour or at least minimize it to playable level with such punishment system. As just by the way of your communication you make own assumptions as if you trust this person to cover you or stay the hell away from him ))
Old 09-07-18, 09:45 PM   #58
Matt
Community Founder
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Quote:
So there was still no clear answer on why punching is against rules and shooting with beanbags without warning is allowed. Maybe some one explain the logic behind it? Seems like i do not understand such move

Also thinking about arrest system in coop game. I have fear that some people might show us their egoism and would more likely arrest then cover teammates
No one ever said it was against the rules

The logic behind the feature is actually not aimed at punching civs. Unfortunately the game does not distinguish between it and shooting them etc

The idea behind this was to stop trolls shooting civs legs etc.... sadly the punching civs is the only downside.

Can I also just clarify that the arrests statistics includes CIVS and SUSPECTS

|SOG|Matt
Group Founder
Old 10-07-18, 04:32 AM   #59
Orion
Community Member
Former |SOG| Member
Community Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
No one ever said it was against the rules

The logic behind the feature is actually not aimed at punching civs. Unfortunately the game does not distinguish between it and shooting them etc

The idea behind this was to stop trolls shooting civs legs etc.... sadly the punching civs is the only downside.

Can I also just clarify that the arrests statistics includes CIVS and SUSPECTS

From thread 'Report DB - Stats Update v1' Please see full conversation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninwes View Post
Punching a civi is still seen as hurting a civilian so it still will stay penalised, beanbag and launcher can hurt civi too so that shouldn't be penalised, especially if it is a acciden.

But you deciding to punch a civi is against the rules.
  • Do not injure or kill compliant or cuffed suspects or civilians on purpose.
So was idea to stop trolls shooting them or punching them? Even if it was against trolls that punch civis is it worth that? How many trolls you cut off and how many players that actually using it correctly?

Last edited by Orion; 10-07-18 at 06:08 AM.
Old 10-07-18, 06:50 AM   #60
Matt
Community Founder
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Quote:
From thread 'Report DB - Stats Update v1' Please see full conversation

So was idea to stop trolls shooting them or punching them? Even if it was against trolls that punch civis is it worth that? How many trolls you cut off and how many players that actually using it correctly?
I'm not sure on what Wes states but the idea behind this feature was to stop trolls going round injuring suspects. Nothing more. Punching civs to get them to comply is a side affect.

Based on feedback this feature though is not standard. We will only enable it on specific servers. For example we may enable it on vanilla servers only as you can't punch civs there. Therefore the feature is very useful.

Thoughts?

|SOG|Matt
Group Founder
Closed Thread