Introductions We love new faces. Let us know you've landed at the sog-team

Old 04-02-18, 11:37 AM   #1
Selena
Community Member

Selena's community rank display

Total Donations: £0

Selena is from Norway Selena is Female
Default Selena

Everyone! May I have your attention, please?

*gestures for folks to step closer*

Some of you know of me, some have kept in touch, some have heard of my old name of
Trinity and some of you don't know me at all. I invite you all to revisit getting to know me again now. This is indeed a reunion, and I bet we all have varying degrees of memory loss as well as taking into consideration how much a person can change in 10 years. *grins*

For many years now I've used the name Selena / Selena the Arctic Wolf and other variations. It is based off of a character in my original story that I even posted a bit from in the old SOG forum. Aaaand, I still haven't gotten any further on that story if you were all wondering.

A/S/L: 34 years old (35 this year), woman, Norway.

General: Gamer and dog lover at heart. I don't work due to illness. When it comes to media, which I guess I am a decent consumer of, I tend to seek out science fiction, action, crime and fantasy. I read a LOT of Fan-fiction and some anime are awesome too.

I'm back here at SOG because I do have very fond memories of SWAT and clans related to SWAT. SOG was the last SWAT clan I was in, and I was a pretty active user of the forum and just as active co-op player. I was pretty specific and hard headed with my gaming, not willing to end lives. *smiles* It was an ongoing struggle for me to get people in line, but I did manage it a few times. *laughs* Lots of fond memories of good players and off topic conversations.

DKS, ECHO, DBS, US*T and SOG were the primary clans I were a part of in my SWAT time, and due to my active participation I actually managed to get decent ranks too.

Along the way I met some really great people, and after so many years I still feel close to some.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I may never fire up SWAT4 again, though I own the discs, know where the discs are and have taken great care of those precious games. I am just not sure I want to go back.

I DID know of the project Ready or Not, and have been interested in a new take on SWAT for SO long. But now that I look at their site, they seem to not have any dev blogs since July? I fear for the projects completion.

Never the less, I am keen to familiarize myself with SOG's old and new faces and game on other games for the time being.

• Playstation 4: selenataw
  • Steam: Selena83
  • Origin: selenataw

I will add to the list as I deem it relevant.

As for games... I have been gaming since NES, so I have a few games lying around. These days I am playing
Left 4 Dead 2 and Divinity: Original Sin 2 on PC. On PS4 I do some rounds of Rocket League. Ask me about my games and I might take the time to list a few I have.

Consoles & PC's I own/still have: PS1, PS2, PS4. PC & Laptop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I guess this will do as a first post in my introductory thread. Thank you for reading and taking an interest.

Last edited by Selena; 04-02-18 at 02:40 PM.
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-18, 11:57 AM   #2
Biodome
Group Inactive Member
Community Sponsor

Biodome's community rank display

Total Donations: £25 (16/29)

Biodome is from Oslo, Norway Biodome is Male

Great introduction! I remember your name from the past, but I didn't know much beyond that. Also, now I know why even Nico considers you to be the best writer of long posts

What kinds of sci-fi and fantasy do you like, specifically?
Biodome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-18, 01:06 PM   #3
C.A.B.A.L.
Group Senior Member
Community Sponsor

C.A.B.A.L.'s community rank display

Total Donations: £6 (23/29)

C.A.B.A.L. is from Łódź, Poland C.A.B.A.L. is Male

Wow Another Friendly Face And another L4D player (i must rly check it out someday Welcome Back

Cybernetic intelligence will always be superior!
C.A.B.A.L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-18, 01:23 PM   #4
Orion
Community Member
Former |SOG| Member
Community Sponsor

Orion's community rank display

Total Donations: £25 (15/29)

Orion is from Maardu, Estonia Orion is Male

I think it was 2006 maybe earlyer but for sure I wasnt in SOG at that time. You thought me one thing. You have to write 'What the* f...' not What a f...' ))) Even remember that we played on Red library map. Uff im still terrible at some words
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-18, 01:35 PM   #5
KeeRIeS
Group Senior Member
Social Media Manager
Community Sponsor

KeeRIeS's community rank display

Total Donations: £11 (17/29)

KeeRIeS is from Wrzesnia, Poland KeeRIeS is Male

Hello! Nice to see you again
KeeRIeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-18, 02:15 PM   #6
Ninwes
Community Manager
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Ninwes's community rank display

Total Donations: £225 (4/29)

Ninwes is a top donator with the Silver medal

Ninwes is from Europe Ninwes is Male

Hey Tri.. Selena,

Welcome to the forums again and it's good to see you around again. if you play l4D you can always hook me up i like some zombie killing .

I'm trying to put full words as i remember you don't like words like lol or lmao as you always typed them full
Ninwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-18, 02:29 PM   #7
O'Neill
Community Member

O'Neill's community rank display

O'Neill is from New York, United States O'Neill is Male

Hello Selena. (Though I'll always remember you as Trinity :P) I do remember the articulated posts you made over the years on the old SOG forum, the many late night hours of co-op under your leadership, and your teasing of any guys that looked your way. :P
O'Neill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-18, 03:30 PM   #8
Selena
Community Member

Selena's community rank display

Selena is from Norway Selena is Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biodome View Post
now I know why even Nico considers you to be the best writer of long posts

What kinds of sci-fi and fantasy do you like, specifically?
Nico did write some impressively long posts, I almost had to compete. *grins* It is good for my English anyways.

Specifically what comes to mind on sci-fi is Star Trek (The Next Generation, Voyager and some of the movies), Babylon 5 (plus some of the movies), Pitch Black, Terminator, Alien, Predator, Stargate and so forth. On the fantasy side you have Pan's Labyrinth, Lord of the Rings, 300 and a bunch of others that just gets your imagination going. Vampires, creatures, monsters, big fantasy worlds and unusual societies and time travel and... and... Yeah. You catch my drift. Anything in particular you were thinking of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.B.A.L. View Post
Wow Another Friendly Face And another L4D player (i must rly(really) check it out someday Welcome Back
Thanks. Yeah, I'm closing on a 1000 hours on L4D2 I believe. It isn't really the most immersive game out there, but it is just such simply fun that needs an alert and functioning team to be fun. So, I do enjoy the game with the right people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
I think it was 2006 maybe earlyer but for sure I wasnt in SOG at that time. You thought (taught) me one thing. You have to write 'What the* f...' not What a f...' ))) Even remember that we played on Red library map. Uff im still terrible at some words
Yeah, but I'm here now, I can resume my teachings of how to cuss with decent spelling and grammar. Haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeRIeS View Post
Hello! Nice to see you again

Hi! Nice to see you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninwes View Post
Hey Tri.. Selena,

Welcome to the forums again and it's good to see you around again. if you play l4D you can always hook me up i like some zombie killing .

I'm trying to put full words as i remember you don't like words like lol or lmao as you always typed them full

I'd love to play with you NinWES, and you are allowed to put shortenings of words and such in-game, where they belong. Right? Haha. I use them in chat sometimes too, don't worry. They are just more fitting when you need your hands to do... Other things.. Than type. *smirks*

Alright. Let's play a round or five next week somewhere? I'll protect you when I'm not all tongue tied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neill View Post
Hello Selena. (Though I'll always remember you as Trinity :P) I do remember the articulated posts you made over the years on the old SOG forum, the many late night hours of co-op under your leadership, and your teasing of any guys that looked your way. :P
I do not tease!... ish. *grins* I might be a bit of a tease, but that's behind me now.. Just look, at that awesome behind.. I.. OK, so it might not be out of my blood just yet. *laughs* I'm just joking around though, like I always do.

Wasn't it you and I (I might be mistaken on who I wrote all that with) that wrote that story on the forum, about the NCIS-ish telling of the female character that was pursued by her enemies and ended up dead? I barely remember that, and the intensity of it. Fun times.

The drama continues...

Last edited by Selena; 04-02-18 at 03:46 PM.
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-18, 03:43 PM   #9
Nicoleise
Group Manager
Discord Server Manager

Nicoleise's community rank display

Nicoleise is from Denmark Nicoleise is Male

Good to see the awaited introduction. An interesting read of course, though I never expected anything less.

Like I said elsewhere; I'm happy to see you back, and to see that you're still doing alright. And that you haven't been rear-ended by those tailgating Norwegians I once complained to you about, expecting you to fix it by addressing the nation.

Out of the games you mention, L4D2 is the only one I play. I know that Recon has a burning desire to play though the game end to end, so if you like, we could setup a complete playthrough with a forth player?

Take care!
Nicoleise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-18, 03:46 PM   #10
O'Neill
Community Member

O'Neill's community rank display

O'Neill is from New York, United States O'Neill is Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena View Post
I do not tease!... ish. *grins* I might be a bit of a tease, but that's behind me now.. Just look, at that awesome behind.. I.. OK, so it might not be out of my blood just yet. *laughs* I'm just joking around though, like I always do.

Wasn't it you and I (I might be mistaken on who I wrote all that with) that wrote that story on the forum, about the NCIS-ish telling of the female character that was pursued by her enemies and ended up dead? I barely remember that, and the intensity of it. Fun times.

The drama continues...
You might want to tone down the teasing unless your girl doesn't mind.

I remember I wrote some of that story and you and others wrote the rest. That was probably my first bad attempt at fanfiction.