Go Back   Special Operations Group > Community Forums > Games

Notices

Games Discuss anything relating to games

View Poll Results: Which game would you wish supported at SOG, alongside SWAT4?
Insurgency 1 5.56%
ARMA 3 3 16.67%
Project Reality 1 5.56%
EM4/911:FR 1 5.56%
Squad 1 5.56%
PlanetSide 2 1 5.56%
None - keep just SWAT 4 only 6 33.33%
Ready or Not - when / if it is released 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-18, 11:09 PM   #1
Matt
Community Founder
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Matt's community rank display

Total Donations: £299 (2/29)

Matt is a top donator with the Gold medal

Matt is from Rugby, United Kingdom Matt is Male
Default The future GAMES of SOG... Part 2 VOTING

Hi everyone

Following on from this thread below:

http://www.sog-team.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=117

The time has come for you to vote.

It is one vote each, so please choose it sensibly.

Ask yourself before voting.....

a) Do I have an interest in the genre or particular game
b) Do I or could I have a copy installed on my system to play it
c) Am I prepared to be an active part of the game & discussions

Thank you again, the poll closes in one month from today.

The top voted game we will likely look into supporting.

Matt

|SOG|Matt
Group Founder
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-18, 10:11 AM   #2
Demon speed
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Demon speed's community rank display

Total Donations: £505 (1/29)

Demon speed is a top donator with the Gold medal

Demon speed is from Rybnik, Poland Demon speed is Male

I think single choice vote isn't good option here, espacialy with Ready or Not, cuz if its not gonna be released then its lost vote point.
Demon speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-18, 10:36 AM   #3
KeeRIeS
Group Senior Member
Social Media Manager
Community Sponsor

KeeRIeS's community rank display

Total Donations: £11 (17/29)

KeeRIeS is from Wrzesnia, Poland KeeRIeS is Male

^ Agreed

Additionally it would be easier to find the game that fits most when everyone can choose every fitting option.
KeeRIeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-18, 04:23 PM   #4
Tyrope
Group Senior Member

Tyrope's community rank display

Total Donations: £0

Tyrope is from United Kingdom Tyrope is Male

Agreed with above, withholding vote.
Tyrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-18, 07:33 PM   #5
Biodome
Group Inactive Member
Community Sponsor

Biodome's community rank display

Total Donations: £25 (16/29)

Biodome is from Oslo, Norway Biodome is Male

I voted for SWAT 4, although I don't oppose the addition of more supported games, contrary to what the option suggests. I just don't see myself playing any other tactical shooters in the near future, so can't really contribute to the activity in those games, or their respective forums, if they are added.
Biodome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-18, 03:18 PM   #6
Nicoleise
Group Manager
Discord Server Manager

Nicoleise's community rank display

Total Donations: £0

Nicoleise is from Denmark Nicoleise is Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon speed View Post
I think single choice vote isn't good option here, espacialy with Ready or Not, cuz if its not gonna be released then its lost vote point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeRIeS View Post
^ Agreed

Additionally it would be easier to find the game that fits most when everyone can choose every fitting option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrope View Post
Agreed with above, withholding vote.
I would happily fix this, if I thought it was broken. Going from the wording in Matts original thread, I would assume that the type of poll is not accidental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
[...]
We are wanting to formalise this a little more by asking you ONE key question baring in mind the questions above.

What ONE game would you choose to play and wish to have supported by our community?

[...]

Please Please Please......

RESPECT THE QUESTION.... WE WANT JUST ONE GAME LISTED. POSTS WILL BE DELETED FOR MENTIONING SEVERAL.

THE REASON THIS IS STRICT IS BECAUSE YOU NEED TO REALLY THINK.... THINK VERY HARD ABOUT WHAT GAME WOULD SUIT YOU & SOG!!!!!

[...]

I understand your reservations in regards to the vote potentially being wasted if an unreleased game doesn't fulfill expectations. I would say that the flaw here, if any, may be introducing an unreleased game into the poll, since obviously none of us will have had any experience with the game and it's suitability to SOG.

I would suggest that unreleased titles are removed from the vote, and that when future titles are released (whether known to us at the moment or not), we discuss it then as we would any other title.

Alternatively, we should hold off the poll untill such a time where all the options are readily available.

For example, I personally think some aspects of Police 10-13 could be very appealing to us, but I am not even convinced the game will actually see release, and even if so, I don't know what quality to expect in such a massive undertaking. For that reason, I haven't recommended it, but rather plan to follow it's progress and if it's relevant, bring it up then.
Nicoleise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-18, 03:46 PM   #7
KeeRIeS
Group Senior Member
Social Media Manager
Community Sponsor

KeeRIeS's community rank display

Total Donations: £11 (17/29)

KeeRIeS is from Wrzesnia, Poland KeeRIeS is Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoleise View Post
I would happily fix this, if I thought it was broken. Going from the wording in Matts original thread, I would assume that the type of poll is not accidental.

I understand your reservations in regards to the vote potentially being wasted if an unreleased game doesn't fulfill expectations. I would say that the flaw here, if any, may be introducing an unreleased game into the poll, since obviously none of us will have had any experience with the game and it's suitability to SOG.

I would suggest that unreleased titles are removed from the vote, and that when future titles are released (whether known to us at the moment or not), we discuss it then as we would any other title.

Alternatively, we should hold off the poll untill such a time where all the options are readily available.

For example, I personally think some aspects of Police 10-13 could be very appealing to us, but I am not even convinced the game will actually see release, and even if so, I don't know what quality to expect in such a massive undertaking. For that reason, I haven't recommended it, but rather plan to follow it's progress and if it's relevant, bring it up then.

It's not only about unreleased titles. To choose one game that is suitable for most of the members here, they all should be able to choose as many options they agree with as possible.

Explanation: If you have game A and would love it to be supported and you are also able (not so happily, but you can still play it) to play game B you simply choose option A and B, so if someone else has game A and is also able to play game C... The most voted would be then the game A and you can clearly see it.

What I want to say is that we should not only look for #1 choices of members but also #2 or #3 choice is important, when we want to choose the most suitable one, the one that possibly most of members are able and would like to play.

I would choose Emergency 4 and Ready or Not and it's really no way for me to decide which one should be #1 choice for me, if another person is thinking about Ready Or Not and Arma 3 -> Ready Or Not would win as it's two people's choice...

Hope I explained why multiple choice should be enabled here... And it's completly not about "disrespecting the question", just about choosing one game that most of us play or want to play

Cheers!
KeeRIeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-18, 03:22 AM   #8
TimC
Community Manager
Top 5 Community Sponsor

TimC's community rank display

Total Donations: £260 (3/29)

TimC is a top donator with the Silver medal

TimC is from St Louis, United States TimC is Male

The only game I have played listed in the poll besides SWAT4 is EM4/911:FR. I will have to do some research on the other games.

So far i liked the concept proposed for Ready or Not but the fact that there is not a release date or much details on their site makes me believe it's probably still a bit before it is released.

Just my 2 cents!
TimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-18, 09:19 AM   #9
Matt
Community Founder
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Matt's community rank display

Total Donations: £299 (2/29)

Matt is a top donator with the Gold medal

Matt is from Rugby, United Kingdom Matt is Male

Ok folks, as you can see, the verdict right now is to leave just SWAT 4.

I am perfectly ok with this, however I just hope we have given this enough thought, for sustainability of members and SOG.

I guess with recent recruits, although the game is 11 years old, it is indeed still alive.

However, I would like your thoughts as to if we need to maybe vote again in a few months?

I would personally love to support SWAT until Ready or Not's release... however what is everyones view?

|SOG|Matt
Group Founder
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-18, 10:55 AM   #10
Demon speed
Top 5 Community Sponsor

Demon speed's community rank display

Total Donations: £505 (1/29)

Demon speed is a top donator with the Gold medal

Demon speed is from Rybnik, Poland Demon speed is Male

Sure, we can do poll again for few month. Still release date RoN is not know but i'm waiting for it too with hope it's gonna be like presenting it right now.
Demon speed is offline   Reply With Quote