Group Senior Member
Social Media Manager
Community Sponsor

KeeRIeS's community rank display

Total Donations: £11 (17/29)

KeeRIeS is from Wrzesnia, Poland KeeRIeS is Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biodome View Post
I wonder how I could get my hands on that film. It doesn't seem to have been released anywhere outside of Poland, and I can't find any digital versions of it online.

Well, it will probably has its premiere on DVD soon. Also researched all polish Internet and no info for now. It is played in some cinemas with English subtitles but those are polish cinemas located in... Poland If you are interested I can check the Internet for some updates and let you know via PM when I find this one online
KeeRIeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-18, 12:06 PM   #12
Biodome
Group Inactive Member
Community Sponsor

Biodome's community rank display

Total Donations: £25 (16/29)

Biodome is from Oslo, Norway Biodome is Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
For some kind of sci fanatic like me, it was a Heaven !
I didn't know you were a sci-fi fanatic! Seems like there are a lot of people on this site who are into the genre That's really cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post

I'd recommend Stalker (1979) by Andrej Tarkovskij based on the story "Picnic on the Roadside" by the Strugatsky brothers. Very deep movie, made big impression on me.
Hopefully, that's the next Tarkovskij film I'm going to watch. Honestly, anything by him is now on my "essential to see" bucket list It's really one of my favourite directors from the non-anglophone world, along people like Kurosawa and Kaurismäki.

Quote:
From the last movies in watch was Bright (2017) with Will Smith (not in the movie theater already)... was disappointed by movie, had great opinion about Will Smith, surprised he took a part in move like that. But mb i just didn't understood the movie fully ^^
Yeah, I heard it was somewhat of a flop, and there were lots of polarized opinions on it. I haven't seen it myself, so can't really judge.

Biodome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-18, 12:09 PM   #13
Biodome
Group Inactive Member
Community Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeRIeS View Post
Well, it will probably has its premiere on DVD soon. Also researched all polish Internet and no info for now. It is played in some cinemas with English subtitles but those are polish cinemas located in... Poland If you are interested I can check the Internet for some updates and let you know via PM when I find this one online
I'd be grateful if you did! I know that small-scale release movies like that can be difficult to find for people in other countries. I've been hunting for some French films, some of which were released a year ago, and there are still no signs of them anywhere on the internet
Old 05-02-18, 01:05 PM   #14
Recon
Community Member
Former |SOG| Member

Recon's community rank display

Total Donations: £0

Recon is from Russian Federation Recon is Female

Quote:
I didn't know you were a sci-fi fanatic! Seems like there are a lot of people on this site who are into the genre That's really cool!
[/COLOR]

Sci-fi is one of the best genre, totally agree

But is there fanatics of horror movies ? ^^

I really like Insidious, the 1st and 2nd parts.

But this year was released Insidious 4 and it's totally crap - imho.

Tho it's very often when you like first parts of movie and than it become worst... :S
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-18, 02:14 PM   #15
Biodome
Group Inactive Member
Community Sponsor

Quote:
But is there fanatics of horror movies ? ^^
I was recently exploring some of Dario Argento's films. I enjoyed Suspiria a lot. It's nothing special plot-wise, but the stylistic presentation is out of this world!

Hitchcock and Kubrick are also my favourites. From other horror classics, I could mention The Thing (which is also a sci-fi film), and I also randomly saw a Jaws t-shirt in a store a few weeks ago, which I, of course, had to get immediately

I am also into the mystery genre, which ties in well with horror. Films like Mulholland Drive, while not technically horror, have a really eerie and creepy atmosphere, which I like.

So it's mostly old classics that find a way to my heart. The most recent release I saw was It, but I personally found it slightly disappointing on the horror aspect.

Last edited by Biodome; 05-02-18 at 02:18 PM.
Old 05-02-18, 07:25 PM   #16
Recon
Community Member
Former |SOG| Member

Recon's community rank display

Recon is from Russian Federation Recon is Female

Quote:
The most recent release I saw was It, but I personally found it slightly disappointing on the horror aspect.
Ah, yes IT is great, but i liked the most the old one which was released at 1990... when i was a child could not watch it, was so scary
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-18, 08:45 PM   #17
Biodome
Group Inactive Member
Community Sponsor

Quote:
Ah, yes IT is great, but i liked the most the old one which was released at 1990... when i was a child could not watch it, was so scary
I haven't seen the original one. Does Pennywise behave differently there? The problem that I had with It is that the clown was simply hilarious to me with all of his erratic and ridiculous movements I was actually chuckling in the theatre, which is not an emotion I wanted to experience during the scary parts of a horror movie.

Instead, I love that slow, inevitable horror, or something more surrealistic and Lovecraftian - that's what really gives me genuine creeps. Modern blockbuster films tend to rely a lot on jump scares and cheap clichés, which I feel is too temporary, and the fear they produce is kind of "fake", and jerky, and shallow, unless there is actually a strong plot and reasoning beneath it all.
Old 05-02-18, 10:16 PM   #18
Selena
Community Member

Selena's community rank display

Selena is from Norway Selena is Female

The last movie I saw at the cinema was probably Star Wars: The Last Jedi, and I was positively surprised to see Laura Dern in it, other than that I found the movie lacking.

But my "go to" movies are those of female on female romance, and if I were to point a few out, it would be:

Imagine Me & You (2005)

Lena Headey does a good role in it, though I might have a crush on her. It is light hearted and humorous modern day romance, yet it manages to keep you sympathetic to the husbands situation. Also, Giles (Anthony Head) from Buffy!

Desert Hearts (1985)

Helen Shaver! And... Helen Shaver! Gosh, she's gorgeous. Another romance, though this one is set in the 50's. Fun fact! Helen Shaver auditioned for the part as Katheryn Janeway in Star Trek: Voyager. I'm glad Kate Mulgrew got the part, but I would have still watched it with Helen Shaver in the Captain's seat.

If These Walls Could Talk 2

For some reason, this film plays on my emotions. I've seen the first of If These Walls Could Talk and it was themed with the evolution of abortion. This second film puts the spotlight on lesbian social rights in three different ages of 1961, 1972 and 2000. The first part of the film starring the elderly Vanessa Redgrave and Marian Seldes always hits me the hardest.

When someone says I belong in that age due to my taste in music, I just shudder at the social implications it would have for me. No, I am happy I live in modern times.

Honorary straight themed movie mention: I like Julianne Moore quite a bit, and she plays in a movie named Far From Heaven (2002), a lot of the same crew that made it, also made Carol (2015). Out of the two I'd watch Far From Heaven again. Dennis Haysbert is absolutely charming in it.
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-18, 11:33 PM   #19
Biodome
Group Inactive Member
Community Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena View Post
The last movie I saw at the cinema was probably Star Wars: The Last Jedi, and I was positively surprised to see Laura Dern in it, other than that I found the movie lacking.

But my "go to" movies are those of female on female romance, and if I were to point a few out, it would be:

Imagine Me & You (2005)

Lena Headey does a good role in it, though I might have a crush on her. It is light hearted and humorous modern day romance, yet it manages to keep you sympathetic to the husbands situation. Also, Giles (Anthony Head) from Buffy!

Desert Hearts (1985)

Helen Shaver! And... Helen Shaver! Gosh, she's gorgeous. Another romance, though this one is set in the 50's. Fun fact! Helen Shaver auditioned for the part as Katheryn Janeway in Star Trek: Voyager. I'm glad Kate Mulgrew got the part, but I would have still watched it with Helen Shaver in the Captain's seat.

If These Walls Could Talk 2

For some reason, this film plays on my emotions. I've seen the first of If These Walls Could Talk and it was themed with the evolution of abortion. This second film puts the spotlight on lesbian social rights in three different ages of 1961, 1972 and 2000. The first part of the film starring the elderly Vanessa Redgrave and Marian Seldes always hits me the hardest.

When someone says I belong in that age due to my taste in music, I just shudder at the social implications it would have for me. No, I am happy I live in modern times.

Honorary straight themed movie mention: I like Julianne Moore quite a bit, and she plays in a movie named Far From Heaven (2002), a lot of the same crew that made it, also made Carol (2015). Out of the two I'd watch Far From Heaven again. Dennis Haysbert is absolutely charming in it.
Never seen any of these, so something to add to my watchlist Thank you!
Old 05-02-18, 11:45 PM   #20
SpyInBlack
Group Senior Member
Community Sponsor

SpyInBlack's community rank display

Total Donations: £55 (11/29)

SpyInBlack is from Šibenik, Croatia SpyInBlack is Male

Watched most of the movies here

Im currently watching X Files and i must say they are pretty good. Even tho they are old like hell it self.

'Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.'
SpyInBlack is offline   Reply With Quote