Biodome
Group Inactive Member
Community Sponsor

Biodome's community rank display

Total Donations: £25 (16/29)

Biodome is from Oslo, Norway Biodome is Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefCon5 View Post
I know its a bit outdated, the last movie i watched is "Deadpool" it was the very first Marvel movie i really liked and im looking forward to "Deadpool 2" wich will be released on June 2018.
I just love dem Ninjaz

DC
Who doesn't love Ninjas? And Deadpool is definitely not outdated - I have heard from many friends, whose opinions I trust, that it's a good film. Personally, however, I haven't watched much of Marvel yet, so it's a hole I have to fix sooner or later

Anyway, I wanted to add another film here, as I just came back from a screening of The Mirror (1975) by Andrej Tarkovskij. It's the second film of his that I've seen (the first being Andrej Rubljov, but I can already tell that I am falling in love with this director. The film seems very loosely structured, but the way he uses imagery, sound, and symbolism makes it all feel deeply human.

I am currently reading those poems from the film with the help of my very basic knowledge of the language, and a Russian dictionary, to try and really understand all of it. I had a feeling that the English subtitles didn't do them enough justice - in any tongue there exist certain words and phrases whose nuances and strength one cannot simply translate to another language. It's always been an issue with foreign works.
Biodome is offline   Reply With Quote