Old 06-02-18, 12:49 PM   #22
Selena
Community Member

Selena's community rank display

Total Donations: £0

Selena is from Norway Selena is Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biodome View Post
I know what you mean - it's usually possible to tell with reasonable accuracy where a person comes from just by their use of spoken English. I wouldn't necessarily call it butchering, unless we are talking about broken grammar, but it's a kind of accent that is difficult to get rid of. I've always had that as an Eastern European, and while living in the UK helped me unlearn some habits, I still frequently catch myself talking the lazy way. I'd love if I could talk like a Scot, rather than the classic London English, but that's another layer of complexity
Sean Connery style? All you have to do is sit down with some movies and copy it over and over. I tend to mimick the English in the area I'm at. I have an American style to my speech now, and I'm happy with that.

Quote:
It's that 12-volume set of books that's gonna take a lifetime. But I'll manage to balance it with gaming, somehow
At least you have something to keep you occupied. I'll stay with my fan-fiction.

Quote:
The show has its ups and downs. Some episodes literally make you cry from beauty, while others make you just want to turn it off as soon as possible in disappointment. I wasn't too big of a fan of the writing in recent episodes. Maybe the new Doctor and a fresh crew is going to fix those issues, maybe not - I have no idea. I still haven't seen the Classic Who seasons, so I got that one as a fallback if things turn terribly wrong
The writers do make all the difference, don't they? I guess it is like any other show, the quality varies. One show that has a very high quality episodes is a show called The Good Wife. I saw all 7 seasons and I couldn't really name one episode that was BAD. Sure, there were a few more boring ones than others, but no more than 10 episodes out of 7 seasons. The lead actress Julianna Marguiles does a fantastic job.

Quote:
I can't say I envy you living so far north. The winter down here around Oslo has become pretty harsh, so I can't even imagine what horrors you must be going through
It works out alright. I'm not sure the cold helps on my health, but the snow does make the darker months of the year, a bit brighter. I am a bit fond of the cruder culture the further north you go. More cussing and such. *smirks* And the humor is more my style too, not so bland and uptight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC View Post
Welcome back Selena... I forgot about that story... maybe you should bring it back?
Oh, gosh. In my head it is a pretty big tale... And I've only written pieces of it. But, "Phoenix" as I called it, is a supernatural romance/drama tale.

DON'T READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT IT ALL SPOILED! This story which will never be completed.

*smiles* I like my tale. I might revisit this post and rewrite it so that it is more cohesive and easier to read and understand. The tale that lives in my head is hard to put on paper. I'm not that good of a writer after all.

Anyways... Yeah, I don't think I will post the fragmented parts of the tale I have so far. A lot of sex and death in it, and that is against the rules now. Adult tales for adult people, you know. *laughs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoleise View Post
Not sure if that's a burn on us.
HAHA! I didn't even think of it that way, but now that you mention it. *laughs*

Last edited by Selena; 09-02-18 at 03:40 PM.
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote