Special Operations Group

Special Operations Group (https://www.sog-team.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Games (https://www.sog-team.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   [SWAT 4] The Stargate Map discussion (from O'Neill's thread) (https://www.sog-team.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=128)

Recon 08-02-18 10:37 AM

The Stargate Map discussion (from O'Neill's thread)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spec (Post 1394)
Well, I'm not a graphics artist. Functionally, it is complete. Just doesn't look as great as I'd like to, but I can't fix that myself^^ I had to make do with rather basic geometry for the offworld environment. It looks a bit Unreal Tournament-ish. But I guess that makes it all the more alien =)

It's fully playable in CO-OP though. I mean, you can't fight literal aliens, I had to re-cast some men in suits to represent rogue N.I.D. agents who took over an offworld site and the SGC itself, with generic terrorist models as hostages for a change (because that's closest to the SG uniform within the basic SWAT4 set of equipment^^)

If it's fully playable could we try it? sounds so interesting that i am ready to no think about good graphic stuff :p

Spec 09-02-18 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recon (Post 1421)
If it's fully playable could we try it? sounds so interesting that i am ready to no think about good graphic stuff :p

Sure, I'll see if I can dig it up. But O'Neill has to lead the team then!

Spec 09-02-18 04:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Remember any of these places, O'Neill, Recon?

Tyrope 09-02-18 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spec (Post 1523)

Yes.

O'Neill 09-02-18 07:30 PM

Quote:

That's pretty good considering the limitations of the game.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Spec 09-02-18 07:30 PM

Well, you were there, Tyrope.

Spec 10-02-18 01:15 PM

So, do any of you guys want to play that map? I can upload an updated version of it that fixes all known bugs and should work fine. I do not recommend playing with less than 4 players, it's a bit of a hard one.

Columbo 10-02-18 01:33 PM

Ha, nice a Stargate map. Whats the name of that map and whos the author?
I remember for Swat3 there were some Stargate maps made by "Twig Masters" but i cannot recall a Swat4 version, cool.

Recon 12-02-18 03:28 AM

Quote:

Nope, so i guess i didn't try it.

I am ready to play it, doesn't meter if you are done with all details ^^

Spec 13-02-18 09:45 AM

Sorry for hijacking your thread, O'Neill =D If you want I can move these posts out!

@map: Sure, if someone hosts the map somewhere, and we have at least 3 people who can play, I'm good. I'm not happy with the visuals yet, but the layout is finished and everything works (normally^^)