PDA

View Full Version : Pendy

Pendy
30-01-18, 03:08 PM
Hi everyone :)

Some of you will remember me and some won't, im British and 29 now and i was a SOG member in the past.
I had some really good times with you lot and not just on SWAT but on Arma too.
Nice people and a great community, i'm happy that SOG is back.

I haven't played SWAT4 for quite some time now but i do have it installed, i think the last time i properly played it was with ITS clan (also nice people) i have been playing a bit of Ground branch with my friend but i mostly play Rainbow six 3 with him on Tunngle.

I recently got back from Japan, i stayed there for 1 month with my fiancée which was awesome, we are going to get married there and hopefully live there in the near future so it could effect my gaming and being online at some point.

Some of you may not know this about me but i have anxiety and depression and have had it for many years now (about 13 years) but with the support of my fiancée i have been feeling better, she is awesome.

I just thought that i should reintroduce myself and say hi to to you all.
Its so nice to hear from you all again :) hope you are all well.
feel free to add me on steam if you want to.

SpyInBlack
30-01-18, 03:36 PM
Great to see you again mate :) Welcome back. We have to play again, like in good old days.

Pendy
30-01-18, 03:46 PM
Thanks spy, good to see you again too and yes i'm up for a game anytime :)

Recon
30-01-18, 03:49 PM
Hello, mate :)

I do remeber you ! And hope you remember me ^^

Sadly you didn't join ITS at some point... eh we lost our chance now :D

Nice to know that your privat life is settle, good to have close a person who will always support :)

Pendy
30-01-18, 03:55 PM
Hi Recon

yes of course i remember you!

haha yeah thanks :)

Spec
30-01-18, 04:00 PM
Heya! Not sure your name rings any bells, but welcome back nonetheless =)

It's great to have supportive people closeby, depression's a bitch, but as you know, it can get better :)

Pendy
30-01-18, 04:09 PM
Yeah thanks Spec, maybe i will see you in game. :)

Spec
30-01-18, 04:13 PM
Certainly!

Ninwes
30-01-18, 05:06 PM
Hey Pendy,

Welcome back to the forums :)

Matt
30-01-18, 06:03 PM
Pendy, welcome back mate. Great to see the arcade has got a king again!!!

Must admit, it is good to see another member from the UK here, feels close when I can think about Manchester and actually know exactly where it is.... not like many other european cities... my knowledge NEEDS to improve... I have simply not travelled enough!

However, you are still over 100 miles away... but better than 1000 I guess for others on this site!!!

Still, glad to hear depression has improved, had it once myself many years ago. Same thing, loved ones helped me through it and have never looked back. I hope all those dreams come true with moving etc... I am sure you deserve it mate.

Anyway, do hope you can stick around, fantastic to see you again and hear all is well.

Matt

Pendy
30-01-18, 06:51 PM
Thanks Ninwes and Matt :)

my top scores in the arcade wont last long lol and yes its nice to have members/friends from the same country.

Really dont know where i would be without family, friends and the fiancée.

hopefully i will always be here.

KeeRIeS
02-02-18, 12:40 PM
Welcome back to the forums!

It was always pleasure to play with you, as I remember, so hope to have a few rounds with you soon! :)

Pendy
02-02-18, 02:16 PM
Welcome back to the forums!

It was always pleasure to play with you, as I remember, so hope to have a few rounds with you soon! :)

Thanks KeeRIeS, yes and you too. well anytime just let me know :)

C.A.B.A.L.
03-02-18, 03:16 PM
Hi there :) Yea i've remember u, good to see you again m8 :)

Pendy
03-02-18, 03:24 PM
Hi there :) Yea i've remember u, good to see you again m8 :)

Hi C.A.B.A.L, good to see you too :) hope to play some more games with you.

I remember you as Podluka.

Recon
04-02-18, 08:31 AM
Hi C.A.B.A.L, good to see you too :) hope to play some more games with you.

I remember you as Podluka.

Everyone remembers him as Podluka ! Lets made him to change his nickname back :D

Pendy
04-02-18, 03:07 PM
Everyone remembers him as Podluka ! Lets made him to change his nickname back :D

I agree lol

Nicoleise
04-02-18, 06:27 PM
Hi Pendy,

Very good to see you back. :)
It's really nice to read such an open and honest introduction. My fiancée and I have always had a thing for Japan as well, and would also like to travel there some day. It seems it's a really expensive place (and that's coming from a Dane!!) though, but I'm sure we will go there some day.

It's really nice that you have such a supportive fiancée. Although I fortunately haven't had a depression myself, I also have a very supportive partner, and know that you and me both are really lucky. :)

My fiancée and I are getting married in August, so you wont be alone in being an all grown up "old married couple"-type, once you tie the knot. :D

I hope that both your hopes, dreams and ambitions will come through, and that your anxiety will improve to a stage where it'll be nothing more than a distant memory. It may sound utopic, but given time, who knows. :)

I look forward to seeing you on Discord and in game! :D

All the best - like Matt said, you deserve it.
Nico

Pendy
04-02-18, 11:07 PM
Hi Pendy,

Very good to see you back. :)
It's really nice to read such an open and honest introduction. My fiancée and I have always had a thing for Japan as well, and would also like to travel there some day. It seems it's a really expensive place (and that's coming from a Dane!!) though, but I'm sure we will go there some day.

It's really nice that you have such a supportive fiancée. Although I fortunately haven't had a depression myself, I also have a very supportive partner, and know that you and me both are really lucky. :)

My fiancée and I are getting married in August, so you wont be alone in being an all grown up "old married couple"-type, once you tie the knot. :D

I hope that both your hopes, dreams and ambitions will come through, and that your anxiety will improve to a stage where it'll be nothing more than a distant memory. It may sound utopic, but given time, who knows. :)

I look forward to seeing you on Discord and in game! :D

All the best - like Matt said, you deserve it.
Nico

Thanks nico :)

You should go to Japan if you can, its really so nice and clean and the people there seem nice to. We went to visit different temples, went to Tokyo skytree and went to see the great buddha in Kamakura. The food there is nice too, Ramen is my favorite there.

If you do go to Japan one day you should look at the do's and don'ts for when you go, after all they do have different culture and customs.

Yes we are lucky and congratz to you and your misses, hope everything works out for you both and i wish you both the best of luck :)

Hope to have a few games with you.

My fiancée took this pic of the great buddha.

http://www.sog-team.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=21&stc=1&d=1517788582

Nicoleise
05-02-18, 09:21 AM
Thank you for the picture! :)

I am horrible at eating foreign food, sadly, but actually Ramen is something we eat quite regularly here at home, as both me and my fiancée likes it - plus it's super convinient and quick to make.

As for the culture, we always check that out before going anywhere. When we went to Dubai, we looked at the customs for how you dress, and how you aren't supposed to show affection in public. In the US, we looked at how to not get shot in a traffic stop. :D (Joking) It's good advice nonetheless.

If we do ever manage to go, I'd hope to be able to reach you for some good travelling tips before we go there. :)

Pendy
05-02-18, 01:42 PM
Thank you for the picture! :)

I am horrible at eating foreign food, sadly, but actually Ramen is something we eat quite regularly here at home, as both me and my fiancée likes it - plus it's super convinient and quick to make.

As for the culture, we always check that out before going anywhere. When we went to Dubai, we looked at the customs for how you dress, and how you aren't supposed to show affection in public. In the US, we looked at how to not get shot in a traffic stop. :D (Joking) It's good advice nonetheless.

If we do ever manage to go, I'd hope to be able to reach you for some good travelling tips before we go there. :)

No problem, it felt so weird being around that buddha, i got a strange feeling that i can't explain.

Iam not good at eating foreign food too, i've never tried sushi and i dont think i will lol but my fiancée did feed me fried squid (she didnt tell me what it was and it had bread crumbs on it, i thought it was chicken) but it didnt taste too bad.

There are lots of Ramen restaurants in Japan, you can eat anywhere all the restaurants i went to was so clean. We also went to a Yakiniku restaurant were you cook your own food on your table. (like a little Bbq)

Haha i've never been to the US before, maybe one day.

You can find a lot of info about travelling there on Youtube and the internet but yeah sure i could give you some tips if you need. :)