PDA

View Full Version : Welcome back Officer...

Matt
27-01-18, 11:22 PM
Hello & welcome everyone!

Wow... how to start....

So 12 years ago, Special Operations Group was a thriving SWAT4 clan and community. The site had over 300 registered users, 30 clan members and 20,000 posts on the forums. The clan boasted one of the best websites around and 6 SWAT4 game servers with an automated exclusive admin bot.

Such a successful community finally and regrettably met it's end in 2012. With the end of SWAT4 for many, the clan simply did not have enough active members in other games to keep the community alive. The founder, me, also had many personal matters in my own life needing attention, that ensured my commitment and dedicated was elsewhere. Sadly Special Operations Group ended while other communities struggled on and branched out into other games.

So fast forward... today see's once again SOG come back to life... but not as you know it. The website has been revived primarily to seek past clan and community members in hope of a reunion. The community forums and website will continue to be developed over the coming months dependant on interest.

After this... who knows? Maybe this new beginning will continue to greater things... particularly in anticipation of the "Ready or Not" project in the works.

So for now folks, if you are reading this, you made it back. Well done and good to see you. It is a bit empty around here right now, but in time and with your help, the hope is it won't be. Other than this, the future of Special Operations Group is unwritten. However this time, the website will be staying, as it should for all our members past and present.

Take care

Matt
|SOG| Founder - 2006

sander
28-01-18, 08:54 PM
Welcome back ill forward the page to any old member i'm still in contact with:)

Matt
28-01-18, 08:58 PM
Thank you mate and great to see you! Hope life has been treating you well.

Ninwes
29-01-18, 06:14 AM
Hey M8,

Glad to see your still around here and good to see you back online.
It is a good idea to get the old gang back together on the forum as most has moved on as you can see and it would be good to know what they are up to these days.

Matt
29-01-18, 07:00 AM
Hey Wes, thanks for coming back mate. Hope all is well with you?

When your free from work etc, let me know via PM and will have to have a chat via steam or whatever possible....

Speak soon mate,

Matt

Pendy
29-01-18, 10:10 AM
Hi all, Welcome back :) i hope you are all well, this is awesome. i hope you all still remember me.
i was in bed when i got the e-mail on my phone, i immediately got my ass out of bed, got a coffee and registered lol thanks for sending me the e-mail. Its good to have sog back again, i met so many nice people here and even became good friends with some, so many great memories playing SWAT4 and Arma with you guys.

Matt
29-01-18, 10:39 AM
Hi mate, welcome back my friend

How's things for you?

Hope you can stick around for whatever's next in our history.

Pendy
29-01-18, 10:53 AM
hey matt.

things have been going pretty good for me recently but had alot of ups and downs too. how about you? and yes i will definitely stick around :)

SpyInBlack
29-01-18, 12:34 PM
Good to see you guys :) I hope life been treating you good and cant wait to hear back from you. SOG for life.

Matt
29-01-18, 12:55 PM
Great to see so many already responded to the email.... SOG for life

Eico
29-01-18, 03:04 PM
Heya mates! So long since last time we saw each other! I’ So glad to have news from you all again

SpyInBlack
29-01-18, 03:19 PM
Good to see you mate. How you been doing?

KeeRIeS
29-01-18, 03:35 PM
Good to see this happening. I hope it will succeed and I will of course let know those who I'm still in contact with, to also have my influence here! So be ready! Thousands are cooooooooomiiiiiing!*

*or maybe just a few of them but still: be reeeeeeaaaaaaadyyyyyyy! :)

BTW. Posted an information on our '|SOG| and Friends' Facebook group - hope this will let them know :)

DOC
29-01-18, 04:04 PM
Oh god.. I was searching for SOG site for long ago. Good to have SOG back to live! We used X-fire in the dark ages, am I right?

SpyInBlack
29-01-18, 04:06 PM
Yea... Too bad X Fire shut down.

I imagine most of us got steam today. We made a sog steam group, so you can join there if you want.

Every bit helps.

DOC
29-01-18, 04:12 PM
I do remember that we have had some sort of Unit in SOG, and I was part of it with Hellraizer and other folks. Anyone got contact to them? It would be cool to make it happen again!

Matt
29-01-18, 04:18 PM
Heya mates! So long since last time we saw each other! I’ So glad to have news from you all again

Welcome mate, how are you? So good to see you!!!!

Oh god.. I was searching for SOG site for long ago. Good to have SOG back to live! We used X-fire in the dark ages, am I right?

Great to have it back eh? And see so many friends!!!!
Loved xfire... now its dead sadly!
I do remember that we have had some sort of Unit in SOG, and I was part of it with Hellraizer and other folks. Anyone got contact to them? It would be cool to make it happen again!

Everyone has been contacted that we know for the reunion. Keep the word going out folks, hopefully everyone can make it back!

Biodome
29-01-18, 04:32 PM
What a pleasant surprise to see the page back up and running again! I must admit I had lost all hope after it went silent in 2012. Occasional meetups with former members on random SWAT 4 servers was the best I could have hoped for until now :D

It was so long ago that I don't even remember when I joined the forums. Probably around 2010ish, I would guess. Still, I can recall all of your names, and I vaguely remember some of the fun stuff we did in-game :D

Matt
29-01-18, 04:42 PM
What a pleasant surprise to see the page back up and running again! I must admit I had lost all hope after it went silent in 2012. Occasional meetups with former members on random SWAT 4 servers was the best I could have hoped for until now :D

It was so long ago that I don't even remember when I joined the forums. Probably around 2010ish, I would guess. Still, I can recall all of your names, and I vaguely remember some of the fun stuff we did in-game :D

Good to have you back!!!

I know it feels like an eternity doesnt it?

Still now seeing everyone again, feels like only yesterday!

Welcome, and hope you can stick around!

Biodome
29-01-18, 04:51 PM
Welcome, and hope you can stick around!

I'll definitely be around here now that the forums are back. Hopefully, we can get everyone back into the habit of playing SWAT again. It will certainly feel like 2012 was just yesterday :D

Recon
30-01-18, 10:01 AM
SOG's forums are back - isn't that good beginning of 2018 :)

Really nice to see you all ppl, so much old faces in here ^^

With SOG's page closed and shut down of xfire a lot of ppl got lost, but now there is chance of reunion !

Bravo
30-01-18, 10:04 AM
Hi all, Welcome back :) i hope you are all well, this is awesome. i hope you all still remember me.
i was in bed when i got the e-mail on my phone, i immediately got my ass out of bed, got a coffee and registered lol thanks for sending me the e-mail. Its good to have sog back again, i met so many nice people here and even became good friends with some, so many great memories playing SWAT4 and Arma with you guys.

Hi Pendy it was always nice to see you here

Matt
30-01-18, 10:05 AM
SOG's forums are back - isn't that good beginning of 2018 :)

Really nice to see you all ppl, so much old faces in here ^^

With SOG's page closed and shut down of xfire a lot of ppl got lost, but now there is chance of reunion !

Great to see you Recon.... it is indeed just like old times around here.

This time, I hope to keep the website here much longer!

SpyInBlack
30-01-18, 04:07 PM
We wont allow it to die this time. Over my dead body :P

Matt
30-01-18, 06:46 PM
We wont allow it to die this time. Over my dead body :P

We cannot!!!!! 100%%%%%%% AGREED